cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contracts

Anonymous
Not applicable

hey, i am 18 and wanted to get the iphone 5 with o2 or the iphone 4s and because i had no credit histroy they wanted me to put a £200 deposit down with i wouldn't get back for 4 months do you think this is right? i am considering going with orange that will accept me these are crap and have no consideration for people without credit.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes i understand that i might be a risk because i dont have any credit but you have to start somewhere?

Message 11 of 14

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Completely agreed. But the starting bit is the hardest bit:(
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 12 of 14

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I would pay the £200 deposit and then request the payment is returned to your bank otherwise it just used to pay your bill for the following months.

O2 have always done this deposit scheme for people with no credit history.

O2 do not do cosigning the person who takes out the account is the one responsiable i.e. you or your parent if they took it out.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 13 of 14

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

yes i understand that i might be a risk because i dont have any credit but you have to start somewhere?

You might be a risk being 18 and no history???? Looking at it objectively from the lenders point of view, £200 deposit is a good sign for you given that its well known that o2's acceptance criteria is quite high! Many others who are older and with a history of good payments are also rejected for having no credit history as they tend to be cash payers rather than using credit cards etc. At your age, it is better to take the pain now to build up a good history.

Take a look at this info on credit scoring and how it works: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/credit-rating-credit-score

Bear in mind the critical aspect of the not-so-free phone: you are paying this tariff for the next 24 months and there is no get out if your situation changes. It could have the opposite effect on your ability to get credit in the future for the things you really need.

Message 14 of 14