Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract cancellation

Anonymous
Not applicable

09 July 2015

Dear Sirs

I refer to my most recent invoice from you dated 09.07.2015.

My current contract since 2007 was an iPhone Simplicity contract which has been rolling on, month by month. Your latest invoice suggests I have committed to the O2 Simplicity 1000 12M 1GB contract, but I cancelled this within the 14-day cooling off period under Distance Selling Legislation since the new sim card was mis-sold to me.

I had hoped that I could have benefitted from 3.5G or 4G internet services on my Samsung phone, but after numerous promises from O2 and 3 different sim cards and a LOT of my time being talked through the setting up procedure, I was NEVER able to get internet services on my mobile service without WiFi.

Your data download records will confirm this.

Accordingly I advised your office to cancel any new or implied contract within the 14 day cooling-off period and to put me back on my old tariff. Your telephone records will confirm this. I was then advised that the iPhone Simplicity tariff was no longer available, but it was the only tariff I was prepared to stay on. I was therefore forced to move my contract across to Talk Talk so I could receive mobile internet.

I HAVE NOT entered into a new contract with O2 as suggested by your invoice dated 09 June 2015.

I attach a copy of my amended invoice for our records and respectfully request that an amended account is issued with haste. If I had not been promised a fully working mobile internet facility from your sales staff I would have never opted to try out an “improved” sim card with no added benefit.

I am hoping we can agree the legal position without resorting to taking up my complaint with the Communication Ombudsman Services of Cisas, in which case I would seek maximum compensation from O2.

Yours faithfully

M J D STYLES

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Please keep us updated. I am very interested as to what they come up with.

Message 2 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Flagged for personal information as this is a public forum, you cannot contact O2 directly from here.

There is a risk of spam if not worse by posting that here.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 8

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
Message 4 of 8

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

MI5
  • 144362 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
No one from O2 CS will read this - You need to contact O2 directly http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Lets hope the OP comes back to read this thread. sadly it looks as if he thinks its job done slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Hopefully @Anonymous will get an email with a link if he is subscribed.

Message 8 of 8