cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete lack of customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been an O2 Business customer since November 2008.  My account has always been paid by direct debit.  This week I have been trying to add an additional connection to my account for a new employee and this has proved to be an absolute catalogue of appalling customer service which, as of now, has resulted in no new connection and an employee without a company mobile phone.

It started with me trying to phone and then, after being on hold for 21 minutes, going for live chat as well.  Eventually having got through to someone on live chat we discussed my needs and they recommended the Business Essentials plan.  I accepted this proposal and they went through taking the order and eventually, after about 45 minutes, that everything was sorted and that I would receive the phone the next working day.  Everything seemed ok at this point.  Then I got an SMS message saying that there was a technical problem with the order and asking me to phone 8002 to speak to someone.

I phoned 8002 and after 45 minutes on hold, finally got to speak to someone who, after about 20 minutes, said that everything was ok and I would receive an email within 10 minutes to confirm the order and give me a code that I would need to use (following) the instructions on the email to complete the order.

After half an hour no email had arrived so, not wanting to spend another 45 minutes on hold, I went for the live chat again and was told that the agents on live chat couldn't place an order for Business Essentials - that I would have to phone 8002 again.  Having got quite frustrated by this point I vented my frustration at the agent and he told me he was going to speak to his supervisor.  He came back and told me that someone from O2 would phone me at an agreed time the next day as they accepted that my frustration was justified.

Guess what?  No phone call the next day.

Today I tried to place the order online and everything seemed to be going ok.  I got an email confirming that someone would phone me within the next 24 hours to complete the order.

Tonight I got a phone call to complete the order however I was told that my account was showing an overdue amount so the order would be rejected.  I explained that the company pays by direct debit and there was plenty in the account to cover the £4.18 that was showing as overdue and there was nothing showing from my bank about any direct debit payment being declined so therefore O2 must have not attempted to collect it (I strongly suspect that this was something to do with me changing my phone to a SIM only account on 12th August).  Anyway, the woman I was speaking to said she would transfer me to customer service so that I could sort out the overdue payment with them.  She did something to transfer me which resulted in the connection being cut off.

So far I have spent about 3 hours of lost customer contact (and billing) time,which has cost my company a lot of money.  This 3 hours has been spent trying to spend more money with O2 and all I have received is appalling customer service and no new phone for my employee.

I am now on the verge of requesting a PAC code and moving to another provider because loyalty counts for nothing - especially with a company that does not even have the most basic understanding of customer service.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144316 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
You would actually think someone from O2 would be monitoring this forum 😞

Why ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93224 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions