cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep my number

Anonymous
Not applicable
I called O2 customer service on last week Friday in the evening requesting that I want to keep my old number. The lady I was speaking to filled the keep my number form. She said that transfer would take 24 hours it is now Monday and my old number has transferred. Does number transfer take this long? Could it because number I want too transfer is from another account which is not in my name. What should I do know keep on waiting or should I call them back?
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
That's all you need then. Your dad confirms transfer and o2 move the number to your new account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You really need to call customer service and check. Has the account in a different name been closed?

Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

No the account in a different name has not been closed.

Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I'm not sure what you are trying to do tbh. What number from where to where etc?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

My dad was paying for the phone I was using the contract is almost finished. He wants me to start paying for the contract myself so I got a new sim deal only contract. I am trying to move cancel the contract on my dad account and move the number from the old sim to the new sim card I just got.

Message 5 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Was the original contract in your dads name (if he was paying for it?)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I told customer service that and they spoke to my dad to confirm transfer of the phone to me.

Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
That's all you need then. Your dad confirms transfer and o2 move the number to your new account.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

How long does a transfer normally take? I called them last week friday my dad confirmed but still nothing has happened yet.

Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
They should have given you a date. If not get back on to cs.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 13