cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classic PAYG data overcharging

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fellow o2 payg consumers.

A few days ago I put in a formal complaint to  o2 concening the effective data overcharging on the Classic payg tariff. This was happening on my phone due to "background " data usage i.e. by Android operation etc. I very rarely use much data directly , so am a very light user. The effective data charge often came out as more than 15p perMB instead of the advertised 5p. This was occurring as 1p,2p, 3p, etc "drips".

I am pleased to say I have had a comprehensive reply from a member of o2 staff, explaining the monitoring/charging system in place at present. This , as it presently operates, unfortunately, penalises very low data users just by the inappropriate design of the system. A large data user would not see this data overcharge. It would appear  nearer the 5p per MB as expected.

This anomaly has been recognised and accepted by the contacting member of o2 who has passed it "internally"to be investigated further , and the problem to be overcome.

We will have to await the outcome of this investigation with a little patience and look forward to the correction of this charging error.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
One or two problems with this new tariff that need ironing out.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Not a good sign. At least 'someone' has recognised there is an issue. Let's hope it's communicated through the chain and gets sorted 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I guess it will get added to "the list" !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I'm guessing it will be very low priority unless they get hundreds of complaints.

Message 5 of 5