cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed to Contract from Pay as You Go.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello - another one from an oldie (not quite as old as "Cleoriff" but only by a year!)

I recently moved from PAYG to contract - no problems so far with the service. However, I have received an email from o2:

Thanks for choosing O2.

You can look at your first bill here.

To see your bill, you'll need the username and password you were given when you joined O2. 

Upon loggin in, I can see the slight change between the PAYG to Monthly Contract but there is no sign of any bill. I can see:

My o2 account summary (contains just my name and mobile number - cannot be changed)

My profile (contains my personal details and my password - can be changed)

My orders (my orders and delivery details and my orders help)

Could this be down to the fact that it takes a while for everything to get sorted?

Fortunately, the email contains the bill amount which is OK. This must be the first payment from a few days back when I made the switch.

Thanks for any advice.

Carl

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Customer Service just need to fiddle around with the usernames a little.

I am pretty sure O2 have typetalk options for those hard of hearing but as I don't know the specific information you could always PM Toby or Leonard and with the 2 mobile numbers and what email address you want each of them to have?

There is an online chat service but for this request I don't think I would trust them to do it correctly to be honest.

Perhaps somebody else can share the info on what O2 has in place for deaf customers contacting them?

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like your MYO2 account isn't linked up to your contract. Either there is an error somewhere or you are still using your Pay As You Go details to log on?

When you took out the contract O2 will have text you a new username and password. If not, you can call 202 to obtain these.

This will be the new contract username and apssword, but if you speak to CS they can unlink the Pay As You Go details and set that up as your new contract.

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

You were correct and therein lies a problem!

As you can see, I have now had to set-up a new User for the forum and set-up my wife's email to get into my account.

In the o2 shop, the sales guy used my existing email address for the new Contract Account and, as you rightly pointed out, loggin-in was taking me to the old PAYG account details.

Unfortunately, being deaf, I cannot call 202. Is there another means to contact them?

I also need to link my wife's PAYG phone with the new contract account for it is linked at present to the old PAYG.

Thanks

Carl

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Customer Service just need to fiddle around with the usernames a little.

I am pretty sure O2 have typetalk options for those hard of hearing but as I don't know the specific information you could always PM Toby or Leonard and with the 2 mobile numbers and what email address you want each of them to have?

There is an online chat service but for this request I don't think I would trust them to do it correctly to be honest.

Perhaps somebody else can share the info on what O2 has in place for deaf customers contacting them?

Message 4 of 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

see accesability at the bottom of the forum pages

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll give Leonard a try.
Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 123202 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Hi Carl its Cleoriff (the older oldie!) I never thought i could help anyone on here and you may well have resolved  your issue but .... I eventually made the leap today from PAYG to Contract and this is what my advisor told me. I would have a new O2 online account (same email address but temporary password) My old account on PAYG would stay active until I accepted and started to use my new phone. I would then need to ring 202 who would 1) transfer my old number to my new phone (as I wanted to keep that number) and 2) they would then amalgamate account details to show contract. I THEN could change the temporary account password to what I wanted.As its still to happen I hope it goes better than your experience !

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Cleoriff.

Yes, I too made the same change BUT kept my original phone. The new SIM was inserted into my phone in the o2 shop and I was sent on my way.

As mentioned earlier, I cannot make telephone calls as I am too hard-of-hearing.

I can access my o2 account now but I don't really want to have to use my wife's email address.

I think the main stumbling block is the fact that the original o2 PAYG account still exists. If that can be got rid of OR the email address (which is the user id) stored thereon is removed, I am stuck.

I have sent a PM to Leonard. He may be able to help.

Message 8 of 8