Did you mean: 

Change of tariff

gameoldgirl
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

I'm not sure if this is the right forum. If not, please send me to the right place.

I have a pay monthly sim-only deal with o2. yesterday i went to change the tariff to up the data from 2 to 6gb. i am 100% sure that it said there was a cooling off period, not to worry if i changed my mind, i'd only be charged for what i used. it also said that if i went ahead i'd lose o2 travel.  i checked what o2 travel was, decided i didn't need it, checked and double checked the terms  and eventually clicked "yes" to switch. 

today i decided i didn't need the extra data, so went to see how to revert. i spent ages looking all over the app, and eventually clicked on "change tariff" to see if that was the place. it just told me "you can't change tariff again in this billing cycle". the chatbot was hopeless and the human "experts" unable to help.

they said there's no cooling off period with a change of tariff. only with new contracts and upgrades. well i didn't dream up that phrase or the notion that i'd have to pay only for what i'd used if i changed my mind. but i couldn't get into the "change tariff" page to prove to myself i hadn't imagined it all.

Now the humans are saying the system won't let them put me back - and i believe them. i was probably on a discontinued tariff. someone actually said "you were on the old billing platform and now you're on the new one" - would i like an upgrade (and spend even more)? There was nothing on the change tariff page about switching billing platforms or being stuck on something i don't want. it is the complete opposite of what i read when i chose my new tariff. please can somebody tell me where to go from here. thank you.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149586 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@gameoldgirl 

Change your mind means you can cancel completely. It also states that you cannot go back to your previous tariff.

Your options now are to stay with the new tariff or port out your number to another network and cancel O2 completely.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 8

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7977 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

You can't revert to your old tariff once you move. This is the case with all networks whatever the billing system.

As you are inside 14 days you can change to another tariff that is current but there are not many with just 2GB

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 149586 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@gameoldgirl 

You really should have used the flex option rather than a tarif change.

If you want to risk waiting 30 days you may be able to drop down to a lower tariff, depending on what's available, but you can only make one change per month.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 8

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38507 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

MI5
  • 149586 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

Too late now

Message 6 of 8

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38507 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 149586 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

🤠

Message 8 of 8