cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carphone Warehouse friends and family discount

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I have taken a contract with o2 about three months ago via Carphone Warehouse. I have previously worked in Carphone Warehouse and got some friends and family that work there at the moment. They have sent an e-mail to o2, to get me a family and friends discount. As I said, since I have the contract for the last three months, the discount still has not been applied. They have sent two more e-mails but no reply. Having looked through the forum posts, I have read that the discount gets applied once the third bill have been paid. I have paid my third bill two days ago, but there is still no sign of discount being applied.
Could anybody tell me of any alternative way of having the discount applied? And has anybody else had this problem?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Best thing for you to do would be to call Customer Services on 202. It's free from your mobile. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
F&F discount requires that you give your Friends EIN to O2 who the check it and confirm if you are eligible or not. Your friend also has to confirm that they know you (done by internal process). I don't see how CPW can do that for you tbh?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
F&F discount requires that you give your Friends EIN to O2 who the check it and confirm if you are eligible or not. Your friend also has to confirm that they know you (done by internal process). I don't see how CPW can do that for you tbh?

Hi

Thats if the F&F member is an O2 employee.  With Carphone Warehouse its a partner discount which is handled by the employee of CPW.  Needs to be chased up with them.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have tried chasing them up but when I rang the lady said that they don't do the discount, which I know it's not true. Do you reckon it will get applied sooner or later or without intervene nothing will get done?
Message 5 of 5