cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view Pay Monthly bill on MyO2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello folks - From my desktop computer, I cannot view my bill and charges from either the MyO2 tab of the website or the "Your O2 Bill is ready" email. I am simply told...

===

https://mymobile.o2.co.uk : Thanks for visiting the MyO2Services Website.

My O2 section of the o2.co.uk site is not accessible
We're sorry, an application error has occurred. Please try again later.

===

I have been a long-term O2 customer with an old Nokia 1100 on the Pay and Go Talkalot tariff and today received a new iPhone 5 on the Pay Monthly On and On tarrif. I wonder my account is still thinking the Nokia 1100 is my only phone?

Hardware : Mac Pro 2010

Browser : Safari 6.0.2

Prior to purchasing my iPhone 5 through the O2 website, I was able to view my account details and credit for the Nokia 1100 through the MyO2 website as usual. It is just since today that I cannot get in.

If I try the mobile app with a wifi connection, it shows my my Nokia 1100 as the default phone and gives me the remaining balance, tariff details and so on. There does not seem to be a way to switch over to the iPhone.

If I tap the O2 Home button on the mobile app, I see the mobile version of the O2 website. If I tap My O2 there, I see the iPhone account with the On and On monthly tariff instead of the old Nokia 1100 details.

If I then tap the Full Site link and sign in, I get exactly the same error message about the MyO2 section not being accessible.

I wonder if my account has been set up correctly or is there a temporary outage on MyO2?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Wow, that could be very good when O2 start on their 4G network next year.:smileyhappy:

The O2 frequency is different to that of EE and should be much better inside buildings.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

A brief update - I rang CS this morning and got the UK Callcentre.. a nice change from Virgin Media who have "Andrew" or "Susan" from India.

I explained the situation and the woman on the phone said she would first of all send a password reset to me while she stayed on the phone. That done, there was no change to the behaviour of the account. I could still see the Nokia on the main website but not the iPhone on Pay Monthly. MyO2 view bills instantly gave the error I have described.

She then said it was possible that because the iPhone was only activated on Sunday that the account-related changes were still sitting on someone's desk waiting to be done and that I should give it another 48 hours then call back if the problem has not resolved.

She agreed that if there was no quick resolution to the issue, the simplest thing to do would be to wipe the website account completely and re-register my email address and password. This would avoid any "administrator error" making my account more difficult to use in the future.

So... wait till Thursday, trying the account occasionally then phone in and she will see what the next step is to be.

Meanwhle I am getting used to the new mobile. Call quality is a big step up from my old Nokia 1100. I guess that is in part to the more modern microphones and speakers, noise cancellation and also the fact that the Nokia was a very basic phone even when it was new.

As I said, I am getting full strength while outdoors and only dropping one bar inside because I am in an older all-brick and stoneclad house.

Via 3G I am getting about 4.75Mbps down, 1.5Mbps up and on wifi I am getting 51Mbps / 5Mbps up which is very good indeed. My Broadband package is 100Mbps / 5Mbps so given the built-up area I am in, that is not too bad. My router can detect about 25 other wifi sources in range in the 2.4GHz band but none in the 5GHz band.

Message 12 of 17

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Virgin does produce great broadband. You are very fortunate to have such great 3G:)

Fingers crossed it updates itself without any further action needed:)

Thanks for letting us know. you'll have to keep us up to date on the issue:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

This "Go To MyMobile" issue has now been resolved successfully and I thought I would outline how it happened so that other folks can avoid my mistake (since it was me that caused it be using the O2 account page in a way for which it was not intended).

1. I had an old Nokia on Pay and Go which was registered on the website with an O2 login similar to my name. I have had this phone for about ten years or so.

2. I bought the iPhone on Pay Monthly last week.

3. Instead of creating a new account for the Pay Monthly phone then using the Link Accounts function to tie the two accounts under one umbrella, I edited the original account. I changed the login to be my email address then changed the phone number to match the iPhone.

This meant that I had totally confused the O2 computer. It knew I had a Pay and Go phone but the mobile number seemed to be Pay Monthly. It couldn't cope, hence the error.

The key flaw in the O2 website is allowing the user to edit the mobile number associated with an account. It would be better to remove that function and say "If you get a replacement phone, just create a fresh account and use the Link function to tie them together".

I have to say that the staff have been fantastic helping me sort this out - it only took four phonecalls too. The first call resulted in "the phone is new, give the computer a couple of days to catch up". Fair enough and reasonable too. The second call resulted in an internal ticket being raised after the callcente staff duplicated the problem. The next call was an "Any news yet?" query with a request to allow it one more working day. Today's call was good because I seemed to get through to one of the long-term staff with experience. She understood the issue and said that all they would have to do was to get the Pay and Go team to delete the account details of the old Nokia and its number and it should then be fine.

Sure enough, a couple of hours later everything was fixed. The longest I was on hold was today for ten minutes while the staff member spoke to the manager of the internal ticket team. A UK call centre for every call too which is very good.

Well done O2. A difficult to diagnose account issue resolved quickly.

Message 14 of 17

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I'm happy to hear its sorted:)

Thanks for letting us know:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 15 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Excellent, all it takes is someone who understands and knows what they are doing.

Message 16 of 17

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Great update Daniel slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 17 of 17