Did you mean: 

Cancelling a contract which has ran out and switching number to new o2 contract

Megan13
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

I recently requested that my contract (which had ran its course of 24 months and had all been paid for) be cancelled. An individual who works for o2 confimed via live chat that I had requested that my contract be cancelled, although I haven't had any kind of further confirmation of this.

I have just recieved a new phone on a new pay monthly contract with o2 and would like to switch the number from my old phone to my new one. I was told that this would be possible and that I should get back in touch with o2 when my new sim card arrives.

I have recieved my new sim and phone today but can not discuss this with o2 over live chat as it is currently down and their phone lines are constantly busy.

I am not quite sure what to do now, as I dont really want to be paying for 2 contracts when one of them should have ended this month.

I would be very grateful for any help or clarity about this

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122772 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Megan13 

Info re cancellation here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Contact with customer services is limited now due to the ongoing pandemic. Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Megan13 

If you cancelled your old contract already you may have lost your number.

You must speak to customer services to check and if your number is still active, they can migrate your number for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3