Did you mean: 

Cancelling Contract

Jess23
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,

My current contract ends 01/05/2018. I have found a good o2 deal I want on a third party website which o2 unfortunately aren't able to match as an upgrade.

I want to cancel my current contract a month early and take out the new one.

I have done an o2 chat and the advisor wasn't able to help - gave me 3 different early cancellation charges ranging from £30 to £112!! And he was unable to advise as to how I can give notice/cancel my current contract.

Anyone have any idea what I need to do? I had hoped to be able to sign up to the new deal this weekend so I don't miss it but the o2 advisor has got me even more confused and I don't want to end up stuck with 2 contracts.

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
As you are now in the final month of your contract, there are no cancellation fees anyway.
If you had longer to run on the contract, your method would still attract cancellation fees.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 13

Jess23
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
There was a £40 early cancellation fee if I had just cancelled the contract.

But Yes, as I said this would be a good option for others at the end of their contract to ensure the contract is properly cancelled 😊
Message 12 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Live chat have been feeding you rubbish.
There is no cancellation fee in the last month of your contract because you pay a month in advance, so the last month is already paid for.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 13