cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you clear up a double top up?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've recently changed to Pay Go Go from a Simplicty tarif.

On Simplicy it would automatically top up at a low balance of £2.

I moved to Pay Go Go and I was charged £10 on the 19th followed by another £10 on the 20th. Yet my balance is only went up by £10.

I don't undertstand this at all. I've tried talking to an o2 Guru but he didn't explain why.

Questions.

1. Have I been charged £10 for the credit (which I received). Followed by another £10 for the call, txts and web allowance for the Pay Go Go tarif.
  2. Will I be charged a further Pay Go Go £10 on the monthly anniversary regardless of what remaining credit I have left on my phone.

If both answers are yes the the Pay Go Go operates more along the lines of a Pay Monthly system and it isn't suitable for a low use user like myself.

Thanks for your help

Phil

If my Pa

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
With pay and hohoho you have to top up by £10 to activate it and then top up each month £10 before the anniversary to gain the "extras" each month. Otherwise it will just act as a PAYG tarif where each item is charged individually coming out of your credit.

So in some respects it is a contract with the bonus of being able to opt out at any point.

You cannot go overdrawn on it, you will only cease to get the so called freebies(if that makes sense)

As to why you've been charged twice that doesn't sound right. However I'm thinking that the £10 payment on the 19th was taken to activate the pay and go go go extras(web,txts,minutes) the £10 from the 20th has been taken but is just there for credit. I presume this may be left over from your auto top ups.

Next month as long as you still have that £10 credit there on your anniversary date that £10 will be taken and your balance will be set to £0.

Does this help?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
With pay and hohoho you have to top up by £10 to activate it and then top up each month £10 before the anniversary to gain the "extras" each month. Otherwise it will just act as a PAYG tarif where each item is charged individually coming out of your credit.

So in some respects it is a contract with the bonus of being able to opt out at any point.

You cannot go overdrawn on it, you will only cease to get the so called freebies(if that makes sense)

As to why you've been charged twice that doesn't sound right. However I'm thinking that the £10 payment on the 19th was taken to activate the pay and go go go extras(web,txts,minutes) the £10 from the 20th has been taken but is just there for credit. I presume this may be left over from your auto top ups.

Next month as long as you still have that £10 credit there on your anniversary date that £10 will be taken and your balance will be set to £0.

Does this help?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

That sounds about right, £10 was to credit the phone (auto top up) and £10 was for the pay go go.

I'm a low user and it hasn't been worth it. I was expecting to top up by £10 and then the allowance of call, texts, and web on top, like you do with Simplicity.

Back to simplicity for me.

Thanks

Message 3 of 4

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Simplicity is the better option in my mind.

Glad you understood I'm terrible at describing things haha.
Message 4 of 4