Did you mean: 

Can't Upgrade

flatvader
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

I tried to upgrade today as my phone isn't charging any more.  I went through mobilephonesdirect as an upgrade but it got refused saying I could only upgrade within 40-something days of my contract expiring.  However, my contract expires on 10th April which is just 10 days.

I can't get through on the phones so now I'm stuck with a non-charging phone with only 25% battery left.  ANy help?

On a separate matter, does anyone know how to access live chat, I feel like I'm going round in circles.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144184 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@flatvader 

There is no live chat currently, sorry.

You will be able to upgrade through your MyO2 though http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

flatvader
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your reply MI5,

The thing is, I want to upgrade using mobilephonesdirect as they're offering me a better deal.  

Also, it seems like O2 are giving them incorrect information as I am within 45 days of my contract renewal date.  Without being able to contact O2, I can't address this discrepancy and re-apply via mobilephonesdirect

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144184 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@flatvader 

O2 aren't giving them any information at all. They can see the same account details as you can so maybe best to ask them directly why their info is wrong?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

flatvader
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That's not what it says on the notification:

"Unfortunately the network has declined your contract application. We do not receive any information on the reason for the decline and recommend contacting the network directly if you wish to query their decision."

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144184 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

That sounds more like a failed credit check.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

flatvader
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don't think so as the credit check takes place almost instantly.  Also, it says the network have refused.

Quite honestly, I think I'm going to go for the same deal on another network.  I need my phone for work and can't be doing with all this.

Thanks for your replies anyway. 

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144184 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@flatvader 

Don't forget to cancel your O2 Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8