Did you mean: 

Broken phone

njb19
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hoping someone can help me. 

I have broken my phone but still on my contract in till September 2021. I am happy to pay off the remainder of the money and any additional charges to get a new phone but will I still have to pay my airtime bill up to September 2021? 

Thanks, 

Nicky

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

O2Stacey
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 179 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 11 Solutions

Hi @njb19 

If you got your phone directly from O2 and you're on a Refresh contract all you have to do is pay off the remainder of the Device plan and you're free to upgrade without paying the rest of the airtime. You will know you're on a refresh contract if you are currently paying 2 seperate direct debits. 

Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

Hope this helps

Stacey slight_smile 

signature
Message 2 of 4

njb19
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply. For the airtime part of the contract do I have to continue to pay £25 in till September 2021? You have a sim only deal on your website for £15 so would I be able to get that if I completely cancel my contract? 

Thanks in advance

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@njb19 

Once you have paid off the device plan you can "upgrade" to the cheaper SIM only tariff Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4