Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking child’s phone temporarily

JeniG
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Can I have my 14 year olds phone blocked by O2 as punishment for bad behaviour? It’s still in contract and up for renewal in June next year. I know I’d have to carry on paying the contract which is fine. I just don’t want to lie and say it’s been stolen or lost in order to do it. Also I’d like the phone to be usable again at some point in the future.
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@JeniG O2 is not in the business of disciplining children. If you know the password to access the phone just change it. Alternatively, just take the phone away and put it in a place they can't find it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@JeniG O2 is not in the business of disciplining children. If you know the password to access the phone just change it. Alternatively, just take the phone away and put it in a place they can't find it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

JeniG
  • 15 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Sorry I asked 👍🏻
Message 3 of 8

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:
@JeniGO2 is not in the business of disciplining children. If you know the password to access the phone just change it. Alternatively, just take the phone away and put it in a place they can't find it.

Of course the alternative would be to put the child somewhere they don't want to be  clown

Or the cheaper still is to let them have the phone but take the sim card away. They'd probably then get a payg sim  but will soon realise the cost of paying it for themselves.

Message 4 of 8

CMDUP66
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. I am currently in the same position. My son's bad behaviour and disrespect. Surely I must be able to block his SIM on the website. 

Message 5 of 8

KK79
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am in the same position 😞

Message 6 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@KK79 

You should install one of the parental control applications on the device, then you can do what you need to do to restrict access to the phone. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

You could report the SIM lost - o2 will send a replacement out and block the original.

Nothing to stop the phone being used on WiFi though...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 8