Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill date

Oldbloke63
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Last month I was off sick leaving me short on my salary. Realising I couldn’t pay my bill this month I decided to change the bill date to the beginning of next month knowing I could cover the extra cost. I had a online chat with a person regarding my situation which took about half an hour. They confirmed that the date had been changed and extra costs would be incurred. Relief I thought, only to find today that isn’t the case and o2 have taken payment leaving me overdrawn on my account with no cash left for the rest of the month and to add insult to injury I’ll probably be charged by the bank as well. To say I’m not happy is an understatement.
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
This often happens unfortunately.
Either live chat failed you or the system over rode the changes and billed you automatically.
I’d raise a complaint and see if o2 will cover the charges you have incurred.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Use Resolver and include the transcript of your live chat.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
This often happens unfortunately.
Either live chat failed you or the system over rode the changes and billed you automatically.
I’d raise a complaint and see if o2 will cover the charges you have incurred.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Use Resolver and include the transcript of your live chat.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Oldbloke63
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
MI5. Thank you for your info. Not sure how I get a copy of the transcript.
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you didn't get one at the time of the chat you can't now, but you need to ask O2 to review that chat content as part of your complaint.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4