cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful coverage, lame excuses and inflexible

Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in Bishop Auckland and run a small business. There is little or no coverage in this area despite O2 insisting there is. Travelling between here and Durham sees me make 5 or 6 attempts to reach people with constant drop outs meaning I lose minutes and incur large bills.

On speaking to the O2 shop they said I could change my tariff to unlimited calls and texts. I asked why no one had thought to contact me to advise me of that but couldn't get a valid reply. I opted for this change and asked for my wife to be put on it as well. However when they tried it didn't offer the same option despite us having changed contracts at the same time. On further investigation it appears that as my wife converted from Pay as you Go and i converted from a sim only contract there are different rules (Our current contracts are identical). I asked if this could be overridden to which the answer was no. Even speaking to disconnections couldn't solve the problem and they seem indifferent when I asked for the PAC codes to transfer to another network. I have changed to EE today, Got all inclusive contracts, excellent coverage and am happy. COME ON O2 you need to try much harder than this and fight to keep customers not let them go with a mild whimper, if that!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144346 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Makes no sense to stay on a network that doesn't give you coverage where you need it.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Well I am glad you are now sorted @Anonymous....but as you run a business, maybe with hindsight you should have changed network sooner.? Anyway hope all goes well for you now...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Hi there,

We're sorry to see you go but it's a no brainer for your circumstances.

One other thing, were you on a business contract? Maybe that had something to do with the inflexibility? Not that it matters now though as you're signed up elsewhere.

I hope EE are a better fit for you and your business.
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

The big problem is if the computer says no there seems no flexibility or desire to override the system. Makes perfect sense to move to EE, I moved one of mine to EE a while back and the only reason I have an o2 account is that when asking for a PAC they offered me a good 12 month deal with unlimited calls and texts with 3GB data plus a loyalty discount. Same as you I changed from a sim only tariff.

Fair deal for all? Yeah right!

Message 5 of 5