Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch cellular

Ryan22
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi tried o2 support but going round in circles!

Basically if I was to purchase an Apple Watch with my o2 account as my other half wants one but where she is with three mobile they don’t support cellular yet. If I gave to her as a gift and carry on paying for the watch on my account can she use it on WiFi and Bluetooth? As that’s all she can use at moment untill three provide service then I will pay it off if they do?

Many thanks
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144372 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

@Ryan22 

Yes you can do that although you will be paying for nothing with the data plan.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Ryan22
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for fast reply, ok I understand that so it won’t be locked to my o2 number as that is what I was told on support line but I’m guessing that’s the proper way saying it needs be paid off etc?
Message 3 of 7

Ryan22
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Placed order it asked which number to use with so had selected mine as it’s on o2 account but I take it that means for cellular data plan so when it comes just link it straight to hers via Bluetooth / WiFi?
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144372 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

@Ryan22 

Yes, just pair it through the watch app for wifi and ignore the mobile data settings.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

Ryan22
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ok sweet thanks for your help slight_smile
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144372 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
No worries mate

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7