Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple App Store

geordiechris
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an O2 Refresh iPhone X contract and can't download or update apps from the Apple App Store. My mate who has just upgraded to an iPhone SE just two days ago is experiencing the same problem.

I believe that the problem is with O2 as all the troubleshooting that Apple have asked me to do have so far had no effect and the problem remains and also because I have tried an EE sim in my iPhone and that downloads new apps and updates existing ones no problem.

Can anyone help? Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geordiechris If the phone isn’t downloading things then that isn’t anything to do with O2 as they don’t control the software part of an iPhone. Have you tried signing out of your Apple ID & signing back in? Try a reset

Message 2 of 16

geordiechris
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

Both of your suggestions have been done to no avail. My iPhone will download/update apps no problem when connected via WiFi so it has to be something to do with O2 because as I said in my OP, It works no problem when an EE sim is inserted. Also my mate has the same problem, again he is on O2, and he’s only had his iPhone for 2 days

Message 3 of 16

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Could try getting new internet settings not sure how you'd do that on iPhone tho
Message 4 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You need to call customer service to check you have the correct data bolt on. Also text ACTIVE to 2020 ,save the settings and reboot the phone. If it's working on wifi it's definitely a settings issue.

Message 5 of 16

MI5
  • 144184 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Try resetting the network settings or a soft reset of the handset.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
If it’s only on data. Have you got the App Store set to on in mobile data? Settings>mobile data then scroll down to App Store & see if the toggle is green
Message 7 of 16

geordiechris
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi guys, just an update.

Everything that has been suggested in this post I’ve done so have spoken to O2 this morning and I’m not the only one experiencing this problem. They have raised a case for this as it seems as if the problem is only affecting SOME Apple users here in the North East. Was told they’d give me an update in a week if it wasn’t already sorted by then.
Message 8 of 16

MI5
  • 144184 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
News to us but thanks for letting us know.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geordiechris Yes matey.. my sim less iPad won’t download jack either! 

Message 10 of 16