cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to show monthly data usage over the last year (or 2?)

lanceuppercut
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 81 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been on a legacy "unlimited" tariff which I now understand is actually just 4GB but it's stuck in the old 3G days and considering changing over to a 4G tariff which of course, has data limits.

However I don't know how much data I've been using over the past year or so, to be able to make an informed choice as to what tariff I should be changing to as not to get caught short on data.

Is there any way I can check back to see what I've used on average per month?

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@lanceuppercut wrote:
Just trying to wrangle a better deal for SIM only at the moment with a poor web chat worker slight_smile

Best of luck with that....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 42

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23217 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

@lanceuppercut wrote:
Well, as the limit for legacy accounts seems to be 4gb (the guy on the live chat called it a "fair usage policy of 3gb" which essentially means a 3gb data limit..) and that I'm paying the same £20 for same limit on the legacy tariff, I don't have much to lose if they take that away from me.

Got the fella to check my average usage (which shockingly is only 670mb!) but also peak usage going back 2 years was only 1.63gb.

I suppose I am on WIFI for most of my day, either at work or at home!

Looking at the tariffs at the moment for iPhones, for £20 on a sim only 12 month contract you'd get the same 3GB but it would be 4G, not 3G. Doesn't seem a lot of sense to stay on the legacy tariff if your phone is 4G capable.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 22 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wouldn't advise live chat for account issues, might not get the result you hope for
Message 23 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wouldn't trust Live Chat to make a cuppa
Message 24 of 42

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I wouldn't trust Live Chat to make a cuppa

On the contrary, they make a lovely concoction from all sorts of made up ingredients.....

Message 25 of 42

lanceuppercut
  • 81 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Bambino: that's the only reason why I'm contemplating switching from the legacy tariff, there seems to be a 3gb or 4gb "limit" on it and my 5s (purchased from Apple store) should be 4G capable, so even for the same price, I'll be getting a better deal in a sense.
Message 26 of 42

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I've hung on like grim death to my 7 year old legacy tariff but in light of the recent FUP and with 4G now in my area it seems fairly pointless. As it's a back up account I am now sure that I'm changing to a new tariff or just a complete change to P&G.

Message 27 of 42

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23217 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

I was on a legacy tariff up until April and was paying the same as you. I had 700 mins., 1400 texts and unlimited data, but there was no cap at that time, or at least I wasn't aware of it. I never used that much data, so I decided to switch to Tesco Mobile (who use the O2 network). I now get 500 mins., 5000 texts, and 1GB data for £10 per month. Half the price and it suits me fine.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 28 of 42

lanceuppercut
  • 81 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@jonsie: similar situation here, my housemate is on a o2 4G tariff so I know we're in a 4G area and with the FUP, it effectively makes it a 3G 3GB (or 4GB depending on how you speak to) tariff for a very expensive £21.73!

@Bambino: I would switch away from o2 but at work we use o2 and have booster boxes installed all over the place so I get full reception even in the basement whereas people on other networks struggle.

Plus I make use of o2 priority and in particular priority tickets, I know I can get a PAYG card but it's just hassle.

Finally finished with the o2 web chat person (been on with them since just before 6!), went from my legacy Simplicity 20 which was 600 minutes/text and "unlimited data" of which I was paying £21.73/month after VAT to now paying £16/month after VAT (for the next 12 months, after it goes back to £20) for unlimited minutes/text and 3GB of 4G data.

No big loss as I've apparently only ever used 1.6GB of data a month at most over the past 2 years and the only thing I lose out on is free picture messages as it used to take 4 sms messages per 1 picture, but now it's 40p.

I don't think I'll send over £5 worth of pictures each month so that's not a big loss!
Message 29 of 42

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Sounds reasonable to me......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 30 of 42