Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to reduce plan if locked in to Feb 2024

Gazo76
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm currently of a £25 per month 18month O2 contract as part of my last Virgin Bundle deal.

This runs out in Feb 2024.

Given the new price hikes that have just been announced, is there anyway to get my plan/monthly payments reduced.
Plan is 250gb data, unlimited calls, unlimited texts.

Ave useage is 14.5GB, 1hr, 15texts.

Somewhat overpaying it would appear.

Help appreciated.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Haggisman
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That would be a bonus wink

Message 11 of 15

Haggisman
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 T&Cs state:

3. Your Minimum Period and ending your Agreement - Your Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement has a minimum term called a Minimum Period, which could be as short as 30 days. After the Minimum Period, you can end the Agreement by giving us 30 days' Notice (unless any other statutory or regulatory rules apply) and you will have to pay Charges incurred during this notice period.

Unless specified otherwise (such as in your Tariff Terms), if you want to end the Agreement during the Minimum Period or we end this Agreement as a result of your material breach, then you will have to pay an Early Termination Charge which amounts to no more than your Monthly Subscription Charges multiplied by the number of months left in your Minimum Period, including VAT (calculated at the prevailing rate).

Seems pretty clear to me. The email I have received "specifies otherwise".

Message 12 of 15

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10259 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

@Haggisman 

The Terms and Conditions over ride what the email says, and VM will say its covered by E&OE 

I would be speaking to VM, as they are the ones who sent the email... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 13 of 15

Haggisman
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

They don't contradict each other. The T&Cs clearly state that there is provision for an exception to the termination charges, and that exception has been provided by the party who set up the contract in the first place.

Unfortunately VM won't speak to me about it because my SIM is with O2.

I might just cancel and add the 3 hours of my time to my counterclaim if they try to chase me for the erroneous termination fee. 🤣

Message 14 of 15

Haggisman
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It gets better... now O2 think I'm still paying the original amount when my contract started last January, even though it increased in April... so my increase this April will be a whole 17p 😅

Regardless of which, they've now added a £2 discount to my tariff ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Message 15 of 15