cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After cancelling sim only contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

I cancelled a sim only contract last week within the 14 day cancellation period... It's down as a disconnected bill but I have just checked and it says that the next payment will be taken on 24th October? I was wondering whether it should say cancelled or anything? 

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You will still be billed for any days of usage so that will be the only bill you get.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You will still be billed for any days of usage so that will be the only bill you get.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok cool, so if I haven't used it at all I won't have to pay anything?

Message 3 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok cool, so if I haven't used it at all I won't have to pay anything?

That should be the case...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Yes, that is correct. You will just get a zero bill if no charges.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Was it refresh contract? If so, then be aware of their charges. I also cancelled within 14 days and they billed me £500 by mistake. Basically O2 charged for 24 months in advance. This is not unusual btw, there are plenty of posts with similar problem, mainly on refresh.

Message 6 of 11

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Was it refresh contract? If so, then be aware of their charges. I also cancelled within 14 days and they billed me £500 by mistake. Basically O2 charged for 24 months in advance. This is not unusual btw, there are plenty of posts with similar problem, mainly on refresh.

Yes you are right. The system does this regularly but o2 seem unable or unwilling to sort this issue out.

Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Was it refresh contract? 

No it wasn't. It states SIMO in the OP.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

What if you then take that number you have had. O2 gladly give you the PAC code after the fact of cancelling entirely- yet still charge for the reminder of the ALREADY cancelled contract. Weird no?

Message 9 of 11

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

If you cancel any contract and there are outstanding payments before the contract has run its minimum  term then O2 will give you the PAC but bill you once you have  used the PAC. Whether that be one month two months or more.You will be expected to pay this amount as per the agreement you signed, be that 12 months or 24 months.

It works differently with Refresh contracts.  You can at any given time pay off the handset in full and give 30 days notice to end the airtime and have met the Refresh contractual agreement terms.

You can also just get your PAC,  use it but then you will be billed for any outstanding amount on the handset and all the remaining months of the agreed minimum term.

If there's anything I haven't explained then please ask.

Message 10 of 11