cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aerial contract.

Anonymous
Not applicable
i recently received a phone call from "aerial" and yes I got suckered into a two year contract which I e-signed, stupidly. So having read the reviews of them on here, I no longer want in with them. Does anybody have any *helpful* advice for me to go back to solely being with 02? I'd be eternally grateful before I start "owing" them money. Can I go to 02 and sort it or my bank and have the direct debit shut down? Help, thanks.
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
With all due respect I've never wrote a letter in my life! Emails are more my forte! I upgraded to a "business plan" over the phone and they've already moved my number etc..
Message 11 of 37

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Letter template here http://www.free-sample-letter.com/cancellation-letter-mobile-phone-contract-158.html
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll look into doing that as soon as possible. We all know people don't reply to letters as fast as they do, email!
Message 13 of 37

MI5
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's not so much for the reply, but to provide a legally verifiable paper trail.
Keep copies for yourself with the dates posted.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 37

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I'll look into doing that as soon as possible. We all know people don't reply to letters as fast as they do, email!

The point of a registered letter is that it must be signed for as received, so contractually a legal process would be acknowledged by Aerial.

Emails can go into a black hole and there is no formal recognition of receipt.

Edit >>>> there is no reason why you can't print off the email and send it registered mail.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 15 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Get ready to have to fight for it though...

This is on Aerial's terms and conditions

The customer (if consumer) may at their discretion cancel this agreement and the contract within 7 days, known as the cooling off period, if the network does not perform to expectations. The equipment must be returned in original packaging and in the same condition supplied. Any equipment supplied must be returned with all packaging. There is no cooling off period on upgrades or renewals as the customer is deemed to know the network coverage. Business customers also have no cooling off period. ATL reserves the right to charge an administration fee of £35 per connection or £50 per connection if the handsets can not be used on the customer’s alternative network provider. i.e. if the customer was to move from O2 to Orange.

Message 16 of 37

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Get ready to have to fight for it though...

This is on Aerial's terms and conditions

The customer (if consumer) may at their discretion cancel this agreement and the contract within 7 days, known as the cooling off period, if the network does not perform to expectations. The equipment must be returned in original packaging and in the same condition supplied. Any equipment supplied must be returned with all packaging. There is no cooling off period on upgrades or renewals as the customer is deemed to know the network coverage. Business customers also have no cooling off period. ATL reserves the right to charge an administration fee of £35 per connection or £50 per connection if the handsets can not be used on the customer’s alternative network provider. i.e. if the customer was to move from O2 to Orange.

Distance Selling Regs state 14 days so there will not be a problem. Any charges incurred prior to cancellation must be paid (call charges for example)

Message 17 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know, just making the OP aware of what is going to come his way, so that he is ready and is not intimidated by it.:smileywink:

Message 18 of 37

MI5
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Just another of the ways aerial attempt to deceive customers......

Currently using:
Message 19 of 37

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Also if OP is new to Aerial then they may not know that they have been mis-sold a business contract rather than being sold a domestic/consumer contract.

If this wasn't made clear at the time then Aerial are in breach anyway wink

Message 20 of 37