cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aerial contract.

Anonymous
Not applicable
i recently received a phone call from "aerial" and yes I got suckered into a two year contract which I e-signed, stupidly. So having read the reviews of them on here, I no longer want in with them. Does anybody have any *helpful* advice for me to go back to solely being with 02? I'd be eternally grateful before I start "owing" them money. Can I go to 02 and sort it or my bank and have the direct debit shut down? Help, thanks.
Message 1 of 37
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
By law you have 14 days to cancel under the DSR (Distance Selling Regulations) Aerial will try and wriggle out of it so you must be firm and persevere with them.
Put everything in writing and both email and send by recorded delivery so you have a paper trail of proof.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
If you have gone past the cooling off period the only way out now is to buy the entire contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 37

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I signed it yesterday?
Message 4 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Still time to act then. 😄
Message 5 of 37

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
By law you have 14 days to cancel under the DSR (Distance Selling Regulations) Aerial will try and wriggle out of it so you must be firm and persevere with them.
Put everything in writing and both email and send by recorded delivery so you have a paper trail of proof.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
So you'd advise me emailing them to cancel it?
Message 7 of 37

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Both, email and recorded delivery letter.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  is it an upgrade or new connection?

Message 9 of 37

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 10 of 37