Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjustment wrongly charged and no way to contact O2 during COVID-19

Lourap
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been charged an 'adjustment' of £17 ish (plus tax) on my bill. I have no idea what this could be for - there have been no changes to my account since last July. I haven't done anything that could account for this charge. I cannot get through to O2 by calling them as the answerphone message ends all calls due to COVID-19. If you try and make a complaint, it tells you to call them, which doesn't work. Live chat is suspended due to the virus. I can't find any way at all of contacting O2 to check why they have made this charge. I'm pretty sure it's an error. Has anyone any ideas?!  

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23060 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Lourap Only point of contact right now is customer service. Best time to try to get through is 8 am

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

O2Lorna
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 192 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 22 Solutions
Message 2 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23060 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Lourap Only point of contact right now is customer service. Best time to try to get through is 8 am

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 10

Lourap
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, I've looked at MyO2 and it just says 'adjustment' and in the info box about it it says 'One-off charges that are not covered within your tariff and any credits, refunds or cash returns. Examples of these include bill re-print charges and discretionary credits.' Nothing like this applies to me. 

Message 4 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Lourap 

Is it a minus £17?

Did you have a discounted tariff that may have ended?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 10

Lourap
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Bambino. I might have to set the alarm early...! I tried saying I was reporting fraud when I last called but it still just ended the call after it said it would put me through to someone. I feel for anyone who really *is* dealing with fraud.

Message 6 of 10

Lourap
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No, it's a charge of £17.10, which doubling my usual monthly bill. I'm on a tariff of £16.43/month which started last July and runs for two years (I think - might be one or three years, but either way, doesn't run out yet!). They also sent me a message in March saying I'd sent an MMS which I hadn't, so I'm worried there's something up with my account...

Message 7 of 10

Lourap
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Are you guys just volunteers answering messages like these out of the goodness of your hearts? It's very kind of you!

Message 8 of 10

O2Lorna
  • 192 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 22 Solutions
You would need to call them to have them check what the charge is for.

signature
Message 9 of 10

Sharon68
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the same issue and when looking into to it, I have been charged a total of £41.04 over the last six months with a big chunk this month - can't contact O2 at the moment but this is a concern... all since I took out the phone in Nov... weird

Message 10 of 10