cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely sick of constant reception issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone explain to me why on earth my data drops down from 4G to G EVERY day after 1pm??

I didn't used to have this issue but the last couple of weeks it is happening every day without fail. The hilarious thing about it is that it only happens on my Note 3 which is on a regular consumer account. My Blackberry Z10, on my business account, maintains 4G.

HOW?

Telling the phone to scan for network providers and readding it to O2 makes no difference. Rebooting the handset makes no difference. Please somebody from O2, explain to me what is being done to my account.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

The issue is that the top part is ALWAYS informing me of a problem, it never seems to go away.

Message 11 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
For people having these issues right now I certainly understand O2 statement of their network future plans is a long time to wait for this to come about.

http://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/network-coverage/the-next-big-thing

I truly hope this does improve for you asap.
Message 12 of 21

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Always false hope and promises from O2! Peronally I had enough but if you are in a long contact your options are fairly limited I'm afraid....

Message 13 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 123277 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The issue is that the top part is ALWAYS informing me of a problem, it never seems to go away.

Other than putting a complaint in...or contacting CS to voice your concerns...I can't see a way round this.

If you ring CS they may well give you a goodwill gesture of a reduction in payment. Please note I say they may.

They have no obligation to do so, however one or two others posted on here that they had been lucky...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I am truly fed up with all this now. I'm going to have to call O2 at some point, but I don't have time to spend 40 mins on the phone during the day 😞

I have found that every day, when the phones both switch to G, if I take the sim out of each handset, swap them over, boot the phones up, they both go onto 4G again. Put them back into the original handset and they go back to 4G.

If I do not do this, I cannot get better than G. If I do do it, it works every time without fail.

This is ridiculous and isn't something that I should have to do. If 4G is available, why am I being denied it until I do this? And what is it that's different about how the phone registers itself back on th enetwork after sim change that gets it back on 4G?

Like I say, this is absolutely rock solid consistent.

Message 15 of 21

MI5
  • 144845 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27774 Solutions
I can only guess that either it is a static build up on the sim card that is dropping to G and you are clearing it by removing the sim or (less likely) it is just the process of re-registering on the network that is helping....?
If you can, leave the sim's switched over for 24 hours and see if one or the other drops 4g then.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't really do that, it would be massively inconvenient unfortunately.

It's not static, as taking the sim out and putting it back in doesn't work. It HAS to be put into the other phone first. This goes for both sims.

It MUST cause something different to happen with registering on the network, else rebooting or searching and re-selecting network provider should do the same thing, surely?

Message 17 of 21

MI5
  • 144845 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27774 Solutions
Yes, you would think so.
It's very strange and in all honesty I can't see you getting much help from CS.
You would be better off escalating it directly to network support.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got a problem additionally, in that where I live has very patchy reception that drops out altogether, often, and I was on the brink of asking for my contract to be cancelled now that I'm having this issue on top of that.

Turns out the house I am buying has 4G reception, and my Mrs' EE reception isn't good there at all.

Could have done without such a twist!

Message 19 of 21

MI5
  • 144845 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27774 Solutions
I've just gone back and read the whole thread again and at first you said the Z10 was holding a 4g signal and only the Note 3 was dropping ut.
Are you now saying that both phones are dropping 4g at the same time each day?
If so, it has to be signal related (esp as you say they are OK in other areas) so by reporting the fault through the My Network app would seem to be the best course of action for you.....

Currently using:
Message 20 of 21