Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely appalling!

Si6776
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry in advance for the rant.  Just need to sound off...

I've been with O2 since 1995 when they were BT Cellnet, but standards of service are currently appalling. No one answers the phone, no one answers the chat service, and half of the pages in my O2 account are inaccessible unless I use "another device or account". Well I haven't got another bloody device or account, and why can't I access my Device Details on MY DEVICE having signed into My Account?!

I've spent several hours now trying sort out two simple issues. To get the number of rings before calls go to Voicemail extended, and to activate WiFi Calling on my device. The codes don't work for the call forwarding and I can't access the page to set up WiFi Calling, which I want due to the terrible signal I receive at home, in a large town in the south of England with a population of about 40,000.

I left a chat message three hours ago and they still haven't responded, and I waited 24 minutes for my call to be answered and gave up. The signal is so bad even the robot who answers the 202 number couldn't understand me.

I realise this perhaps isn't the right place to post this, but after pulling my hair out and almost losing the will to live, I think I have made the decision to leave O2 after 27 years, as their customer service is an absolute joke.

That said, if anyone can advise on getting WiFi Calling activated, and extending the number of rings before calls go to Voicemail, I'd be very appreciative.  In fact, if anyone could advise on how to actually make contact with someone at O2, I'd be even more appreciative.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Janine_S
Level 1: Joiner
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have to agree with you about the standard of service, I joined over 2 weeks ago and have been struggling with a three way split port. Outgoing calls took over a week, incoming calls an extra 3 days and SMS still hasn't ported. My old Three sim is still active and SMS are being delivered to that. Almost every attempt at contact has been ignored for days or responded to by someone who hasn't read the issue. I really wish I hadn't switched now but I'm stuck in mid-port limbo!

Message 21 of 21