Did you mean: 

0800 977 7793 and mycare@o2mail.co.uk

Martinpc
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi o2 Community.

I am an existing o2 customer and yesterday placed orders online (with the assistance of someone from livechat) for two new sims to move other household mobile phone numbers from another network provider to o2.

I received two emails today from mycare@o2mail.co.uk stating the correct order numbers saying 

'Thanks for your order, which is almost ready to go.

Give us a call on 0800 977 7793 with your order number ms-xxxxxxxxx and we?ll do the rest.

Please call us as soon as you can.

If we don?t hear from you within 72 hours, we will have to cancel your order.'

Doesn't give any reason as to why and when I called the number, the guys who answered was pretty abrupt and not very helpful so I stopped the call at the security check request.

The phone number seems to tie back to something relating to o2 Business (which these orders weren't)

Anyone familiar with this email address and number ?

Update, have verifed with online chat this number is ok, also suggested that whoever it is that answers the phone at least identifies themselves and is a bit more polite.

[mod edit: please do not post order numbers on the public board. Thanks!]

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Martinpc 

The email address is O2. The phone number is O2 Business (if you check and scroll down on this link)

https://customerservicecontactnumber.uk/o2/ 

I would contact O2 on any of the numbers in this guide and check out your sim request Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Martinpc 

The email address is O2. The phone number is O2 Business (if you check and scroll down on this link)

https://customerservicecontactnumber.uk/o2/ 

I would contact O2 on any of the numbers in this guide and check out your sim request Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Sounds like they just want an identity check @Martinpc 

Expect them to ask details of your bank account and recent transactions to prove it's your account etc.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Essextag
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
What was the reason fir the message in the end? I have the same one but can't call until tomorrow
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Essextag wrote:
What was the reason fir the message in the end? I have the same one but can't call until tomorrow

You'll need to tag @Martinpc to notify them of your question.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Martinpc
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Essextag It was just an additional security check, possibly as I was already a customer and then placed orders for two other sim only contracts at the same time. Needed passport number & driving licence details I think. 
Guy I spoke to second time I called was way more helpful and friendly.

Message 6 of 7

Essextag
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you - same thing for me! Did you get an email after?
Message 7 of 7