Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Waynescrabtree 

As above, you need to pursue through customer services https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/How-to-find-help-amp-contact-O2-A-Guide/m-p/1201413#M2924...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Waynescrabtree 

Is there anything we can help you with?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Waynescrabtree 

How to get help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/How-to-find-help-amp-contact-O2-A-Guide/m-p/1201413#M2924...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 10

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Waynescrabtree
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have recently found out o2 were taking money from my account.  The guy o2 bongiwe on Friday 22nd June said it looked like I had been paying since 2007 !!! He spoke to his boss then said he could only see two years worth of payments and would refund me. How we got from 2007 to 2017 I don't know. Especially when I had s separate account  with them how did a new direct debit start ?  Any mobile contracts I finish with I always cancel them. I bet if I rang the number of o2 website that came up when I tried to post on hear it belongs to someone else after all this time.so to say I am disappointed is a understatement for a taking money of me for all this time if the date was correct quoted,  secondly for not refund me 2 weeks on even though he checked my bank account number. Not what I expected from o2 as my last mobile for a few years I was happy with o2 before I found out a out this. I will have to think very hard before considering go back to 02 again. Wayne crabtree

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Waynescrabtree 

As above, you need to pursue through customer services https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/How-to-find-help-amp-contact-O2-A-Guide/m-p/1201413#M2924...

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Waynescrabtree
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I will try again hopefully they may do as they say this time.

Thank you

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Guide to cancelling here which may be useful https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-your-contract-An-updated-guide/ba-p/1234852

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If they agreed to refund you unfortunately it can take anything up to a month for the money to hit your account. But....as it's been 2 weeks already, another phone call would probably make sure it hasn't been 'forgotten'. Ten years seems to be an extraordinary amount of time for you not to notice before now. O2 are unlikely to have kept account billing for more than the six years they are legally required to.

It may well be worth filling out an SAR form to get all the data they have on the account.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/how-to-get-a-copy-of-the-information-we-store-about-yo...

Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Just to add that at this stage do nothing via live chat. Speak to customer service ensuring you take names of all the people you speak to.

Message 10 of 10