Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Level 29: Intuitive

Device Plan Payoff

Anyone know why O2 won't allow you to make payments to your device plan online? (as in to make additional payments, or to pay it off?) the only option I can see to pay it off is via the upgrade route...

Topics: 564
Solutions: 14,914

Re: Device Plan Payoff

I've not tried but I was sure you could do it in your MyO2 by selecting where you wanted to allocate the payments to go to.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Level 38: Lively

Its down to them having to close the Credit Agreement down, and to check if you want to keep the number, or give 30 days notice. 

Current Phone: Motorola Razr 5g
I also have a Planet Computers Gemini

I work in IT as an Enterprise Messaging and Collaboration Tools Administrator (Office 365, Slack and much much more) and manage hardware both Mobile and Desktop / laptop, my desk is a bit like PC World

--
We are all customers and dont have access to any o2 accounts
Level 29: Intuitive

@MI5 sadly not, it doesn't allow you to pay more than your current months payment

@madasaf1sh Given the new text to leave process I would have assumed that you should be able to do this now as the customer can choose to leave when they wish providing there are no outstanding debts. Just because you pay off the device plan doesn't mean you want to leave
Topics: 564
Solutions: 14,914

Under the new process they have to inform you of the cost to leave when PAC or STAC is requested.
My assumption was that you would be billed this amount automatically to pay as your normal direct debit.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Level 12: Nimble

You cannpot make adittional payments via my O2. yuo can however call C.S and make additonal payments via them(I know this because I've done it).

When doing so make sure you tell them and they conform that you are maong an additional device payment that is to be used to reduce the outstanding balance.

Anonymous

Yes you can make additional payments through myo2 so your information is incorrect

Thats what I thought, so before I replied and tried to help someone I hought I would be clear of my facts so went to the my O2 app and tried to make an additional payment outside of my normal contractual payment(which has already been paid this month) and there is in fact no facility for you to make an additional device payment only a payment toward your line rental account(unless ive missed something- always happy to learn something new)slight smile 

Anonymous

You can make extra device plan payments too. Just click on each box airtime or device. Scroll down each one & at the bottom you will see a line saying make a payment 

not wishing to contradict or argue(have neither the time nor inclination LOL slight smile

I have just tried it-again-. I won't post a  screen shot as it contains personal information but you can definately make a payment to your airtime account but once your monthly contractual payment for devices has ben taken there is no facility/box/link/at the bottom of the listing to make a payment. There is before the monthly contractual payment is made but not after. 

I have just spent 2 minutes of my life checking this out again. Now im going to get back to doing some actual work.

Have a good one