Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer phone number to another mobile

meeeeeeeeeeeee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

need to register a new phone with an old sim from another phone but the website won't allow it as it is sayng that the number is alreday regsited with anopther user

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
What exactly are you trying to do as I don't understand, sorry.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@meeeeeeeeeeeee Do you mean a sim swap

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
As it's the sim that is the important part there shouldn't be any need to register anything, assuming you've just put the sim in another o2 or unlocked phone?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions
I guess it's finding out who the sim is registered to. Maybe under a different log in.?
Message 5 of 6

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @meeeeeeeeeeeee how are you getting on? slight_smile Did you make any progress with this? Please do let us know if you need any further help and what exactly it was you needed and we can try help out. slight_smile

Message 6 of 6