Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 won’t port the number I want to keep

666_frustration
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

On 29/4/24 I joined o2 from Tesco on pay as you go. I filled out the form to transfer my number from Tesco to o2 and it said will be transferred the next day. On 30/4/24 I rang o2 to find out what’s going on to be told that someone filled the form out wrong their end and to wait another 24 hours after they escalated it. I then tried to call back multiple times on 30/4/24 to speak to a manager to make a complaint! Was put on hold and then call disconnected. On 1/5/24 I rang o2 again asking to speak to a manager to complain as it’s now been 3 days without the number I want to keep! My wife is disabled and I am her main carer and only point of contact from all her medical and support team. Every time I ask to speak to the manager to make a complaint I’m passed to a different departments who then try and get me to swap to sim only contract! I explain I want to stay on pay as you go and want my number transferred as it should have been. Then I’m put on hold and the call disconnects! On 2/5/24 I tried to ring multiple times again (14) again asking to speak to a manger, passed to every so called department to be told Tesco has a block on the number and won’t release it. I spoke to Tesco whom say that my number was disconnected due to o2 using the PAC code! I reported this to ofcom who say that o2 are responsible for sorting this out as the are the  recipient of the incoming number released by Tesco! I explain this to o2 and all I get is this needs to be escalated please wait another 24 hours! This is an absolute joke and appalling behaviour from o2! O2 have left a disabled person vulnerable without communication from medical support! It’s been 4 days and 55 calls later and I’m still without the number I want to keep! 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

666_frustration
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m going to have to take a loss and move networks and gain a new number! o2 have lost my number as it’s been disconnected from Tesco already!!! 

Message 11 of 14

Oxonian
  • 7045 Posts
  • 134 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

@666_frustration 

Please see :-

Accessibility & Vulnerable Customers Policy | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/access-for-all/accessibility-vulnerable-customers-policy

I have no idea what the timescale for replying is, but you can contact O2 from that page using the Support Request Form

Message 12 of 14

666_frustration
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve changed to EE and got a new number. 
o2 are diabolical! Never again! 

Message 13 of 14

Oxonian
  • 7045 Posts
  • 134 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

@666_frustration wrote:

I’ve changed to EE and got a new number. 
o2 are diabolical! Never again! 

That's your choice @666_frustration ; the only problem is that customer service across the UK mobile network operators is mediocre. In a recent "Which?" survey of customer service, there was one per cent separating O2, EE and Vodaphone. 

I wish you well with EE but if you need customer service, you should not expect anything radically different to the O2 experience. 👍 

Message 14 of 14