Did you mean: 

My O2 phone will not call or receive

NoviceJohn
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the Forum and need help to get my wife's mobile back on-line.

My wife and I are pensioners and  only use our phones occasionally, to make essential and emergency calls. 

The other day my wife's phone stopped working, with the message, "No mobile network" displayed. She has over £9.00 credit on it.

This had happened to me before when I was with Vodafone. It had cut me off for not using my phone for over one month.

Easy, I thought, just go onto "Live Chat" on the O2 website and the operator would just switch it back on remotely. Just as Vodafone had done previously.

Well after an hour of explaining things two or three times and ending up where we started, I told the operator that I felt O2 had deliberately cut my wife's phone off for under use. Whereupon he informed me that O2 were having dificulties and that "a dedicated team of engineers" were working to solve the problem. Nothing more he could do. I wrote," thank you", through gritted teeth and had to restrain myself when he wrote, "Is there anything else I can help you with today?"

I then used my O2 PAYG phone and it worked. So no O2 problems. I then took my wife's phone to Portsmouth, some 40 miles away and tried to use both phones. Mine worked, hers did not.

The phone is a 10 year old Sony Xperia, has one sim card and I have rebooted both it and the sim card, following the instructions given by the O2 operator.

Is there anyone who can advise me on the procedure that one should take with O2, to regain the use of this essential mobile?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Commented on your new thread..
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 13

NoviceJohn
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dear MI5,

I've looked at my posts and I cannot find any criticism or even implied criticism of you, so please be assured that I only have praise for people like you, who fill in the gaps left by O2's Customer Services. I only posted my plea for help on the forum because I was getting nowhere with O2 and from my experience on the TalkTalk Community Forum, I knew that I would get good advice from helpful members like you.

Thank you for your help. It's a pity that the "Guru" from O2 did not back up your good work.

If you read my post to the community leader, you'll see that I suggested a special area of the Community should be set up to cover the re-installing of PAYG accounts, now that O2 has, short sightedly, cut the non calling time from 6 months to less than one month. I did this, in the hope that experts like yourself would not have their time wasted by this increasingly common problem,

I hope that this clears up the matter,

John

Message 12 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@NoviceJohn 

No concerns from me.

Good to have you around slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 13