cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big problem with actication new pay as go numbers!! URgent fix this!

lebrant
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dear friends,

I have to report this problem. I registered a new o2 number today.
Activated the app and it works. From the application, I tried to select a tariff package that suits me, 100GB for 30GBP. I tried to choose a tariff and then top up, but unfortunately it didn't work for me. It gave me this error
"Current Tariff
Simplicity NO ALLOWANCE
Pay for texts, calls and data
We're having problems displaying your tariff options right now. Please try again later."

Then I did a top-up of 30GBP, I thought the system would activate 100GB by itself, but unfortunately the system activated a tariff of 20GB for 15GBP. This is where the problems arise, you have to call the call center and wait 30 minutes for the agents to check why it happened and activate the tariff you want? I would like the technicians to answer my question, I have only one question: How to activate the package on a completely new number, without having to call customer service?

thank you

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions

As I said already, the ONLY way to do it now is to call O2 on 4445 or 0344 8090222

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions

@lebrant 

You can change tariff in your MyO2 https://mymobile.o2.co.uk/ but you won't be able to change until next month as you can only make one change per month.

Your only other option is to contact O2 on 4445 or  message them on Social Media if that works best for you -on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 8

lebrant
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dear friend, you are not right, I know exactly what I wrote, but unfortunately you did not read my message properly.
The user is not able to change the tariff, and now I will show you that with pictures. It used to be possible, I know that for sure!!
You choose the tariff you want, then you top up and your tariff is activated! This is now in the last 20 days and it is a problem!

If the user makes a top-up and wants to change the tariff, it is not possible, because the tariff for 10GBP will be activated automatically, the 8GB package will be activated, for 30GBP the 20GB package will be activated, and the user, for example, wants to have a 100GB package!! If you want the correct 100GB package to be activated, you have to call the customer, which I don't think is a good and smart solution!

Even when I top up 10 or 30 GBP, why does the system automatically activate the package? How does the system know what I really want? I say all this for a brand new number that does not have any tariff package activated!

I am asking the technicians to solve this problem!

http://prntscr.com/a6EyFkCvQbtP

http://prntscr.com/g999RFoONrPy

Message 3 of 8

lebrant
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Message 4 of 8

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7086 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

The pictures show the Simplicity Tariff, I was under the impression this was now defunct.

However, this is a Customer Community and we have no access to accounts so you need to contact O2 on the numbers or links provided

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions

@lebrant 

You ordered or bought the standard £10 tariff sim. You can order whichever you want first off and that is what will be activated on first top up, regardless of how much you top up with.

The default for all unactivated sims is simplicity.

Thanks for your tips but I do know what I am talking about wink

Message 6 of 8

lebron
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Simplicity Tariff is now on all new pay as go cards. My question is just how to activate the desired tariff of eg 30GBP with 100GB data on that new pay as go card with start Simplicity Tariff? I can't find any info on the web.

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions

As I said already, the ONLY way to do it now is to call O2 on 4445 or 0344 8090222

Message 8 of 8