cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back to O2

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I’ve ordered a sim. It says if you register for my O2 you get £5 and you get £10 for texting free to 21500.

Can you do both? And if so in which order.
And do you have to top up with a voucher the first time? (still?)

— I’m already registered with O2 for forum purposes, so I guess that bums me out of the £5, or can I just register the sim with another email address to claim it.

Cheers ears!
Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Anonymous 

First off you have to activate the sim by topping it up.

If you have a problem with the first top up you will need to use a voucher. There's no way to tell without trying.

The £5 bonus is for registering for your MyO2 and is not connected to the forum registration, but you need a new MyO2 account so a new email address is a good idea.

After a couple of days, to allow the sim to register on all O2 systems, text for the free £10.

If you have any issues with this, call 4445 and customer service will add it for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Anonymous 

First off you have to activate the sim by topping it up.

If you have a problem with the first top up you will need to use a voucher. There's no way to tell without trying.

The £5 bonus is for registering for your MyO2 and is not connected to the forum registration, but you need a new MyO2 account so a new email address is a good idea.

After a couple of days, to allow the sim to register on all O2 systems, text for the free £10.

If you have any issues with this, call 4445 and customer service will add it for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Right I’ll wobble off to ASDA to get a top up to save any issues.

Thanks
Message 3 of 18

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
No worries...

Currently using:
Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

The £10 went on within the hour. top service!

and when I rang O2 PAYG today at 1208 today.. It was answered in seconds! Amazing!

Message 5 of 18

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Great service

Currently using:
Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
but trying to rinse this £5 for registering for My O2 is proving more difficult. Fingers crossed this time..
Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

FInally got my fiver, but saw an offer for 500mins, unlimted texts & 2gb data on the app for the same price & swapped to that. So all the credit that they've given me pays for the next 4 months.. well happy!

Message 8 of 18

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

FInally got my fiver, but saw an offer for 500mins, unlimted texts & 2gb data on the app for the same price & swapped to that. So all the credit that they've given me pays for the next 4 months.. well happy!

I changed a big bundle sim to that same one.

Made sense. Two gigs is more than enough on the spare sim and I got the fiver extra + another extention on the Disney+

A memorable number too

Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I changed a big bundle sim to that same one.

Made sense. Two gigs is more than enough on the spare sim and I got the fiver extra + another extention on the Disney+

A memorable number too

Glad you got a good deal @jonsie

Definitely been worth swapping from EE. O2 seem to be having something of an epiphany lately. Better deals for the little to no data user, it's one of the reasons i didn't choose O2 last time, but spot on now.

The Disney+ freebie wont be used.. if anyone wants it!

Message 10 of 18