cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 email

Anonymous
Not applicable

On 26th May I received an email saying that the o2 email service was being discontinued on 20th June, when I followed the link to see how to move contacts etc I was shocked to see that the implementation date of this removal of service was 7th June!  After spend some 2 hours using "live chat" (which was of no use at all) and phone conversation with customer services I was told that the date was 7th.

Imagine my surprise therefore to this evening receive another email reminding me that the service would not be available after the 20th.

Does anyone know exactly what is happening?

Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

Doubt they care, still as I have three Iphone contacts with them, they are now losing them as soon as we are out of contact. Had enough of O2 treating its customers with contempt

Message 41 of 55

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's a sad fact but no one should rely on a network or mobile email client. They are all unsustainable ultimately as O2, Virgin, Nokia etc have found out. Even Sky have had to rely on Yahoo to change platforms. GMAIL or any other dedicated email client should be the way to go for everyone. 

Message 42 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having had no communication about this I had no need to worry about it, IF I had been told I would have been sorting it. Now I have who knows how many people / accounts to update with my new email addresses.

Gmail and Vodafone are now the way forward I am afraid

Message 43 of 55

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
To rely solely on any webmail, and I include Gmail in that description, is asking for problems. Keeping important data only on a provider's remote server is dangerous.
Download it to your computer and back it up using your normal back up routines then if any data is lost you can only blame yourself
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 44 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not losing data just a lot of sites (for example power supply companies) use your email address as a login ID, I am having to change those - and who knows how many mails I have not recieved from these many companies who have my details. at a short list check I am in excess of 30 + companies I am on mailing lists for - which would have been nice to move in my own time, I can undertsnd why the email system is closed down - just no one told me !

Message 45 of 55

Bubble68
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I received the email and followed the instructions to use gmail to get my o2 emails. Either the instructions weren't very clear or I didn't read them properly but I asked that was all I needed to do. Anyway, I went away on 12th august and before I left I was still receiving emails sent to my o2 account, but since I have been back on the 19th I haven't received one externally. I can send an email from my o2 account to my gmail one and can receive them from gmail to o2 when I do it all on my phone, but if it needs to leave out come in external from my phone nothing seems to work. Is this what I should expect?
Message 46 of 55

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

More to the point, why are you still trying to use O2 email when you know it has closed ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 47 of 55

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The point of moving to Gmail was to start using the Gmail address and not the o2 one.
That should now be considered as finished.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 48 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here Toby. Never received any notification from o2 (or Sky) that the o2 e-mail service was coming to an end (although it doesn't surprise me).

Now today (31st August 2016) I find that I have no access to my old o2 e-mail accounts.

Any way to retrieve what may be lying there please?

Thanks.

Message 49 of 55

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions