cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Don't O2 Want To Keep Their Customers

Anonymous
Not applicable

My contract ran out on April so I rang them to speak about my options.

I said I have a phone I like so looking for a SIM only deal.

All they were prepared to offer me was the same deal as Joe Public can get, ie the exact same as listed here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/simplicity/#/tariffs

Last time my contract expired they offered me a nice cash credit as again I was happy with my phone and only wanted a SIM only deal. This time they didn't even try, and essentially said take it or leave it.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest as I can better a better minutes allowance, same (unlimited) text allowance and better data allowance elsewhere, plus other benefits that O2 don't offer.

Just wondered if this was common practice?

My son is with Vodafone and they literally bent over backwards trying to get him to stay.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Checked signal and it's just as good as O2 - I did the same with O2 as was with Vodafone before I moved here.
Message 11 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

That's good. Unfortunately many people take out a contract and then find out coverage is inadequate for their needs. slight_smile

Message 12 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, I kinda did that once.
Took a contract with Three when they were brand new and I was living in London, so signal was great..... then I moved to Southampton, where the signal was not! lol
Message 13 of 13