cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapping SIMs

Anonymous
Not applicable

I currently have a nano SIM in my Phone 5. I have bought a new SIM card with a new number on it that's easier to remember and slightly personalised but is only a micro SIM. Can I swap the numbers on both cards and keep my current number active, or does swapping numbers automatically cancel the one being replaced? I'd like to keep both numbers active if possible, so perhaps I will have to get another nano SIM and transfer my new number on to that? (Only downside is that I will lose my O2 Rewards etc.)

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
So do I. From memory the last time I went to the O2 store they were telling me a new sim was £10. I told them I could get one sent out to me by post for free if I went online or phoned O2 and was basically told to go do that then and the guy at the desk got a bit snotty. Hopefully it's someone else who serves me this time (if indeed he even still works there).
Message 11 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

It does not cost you £10 for the sim card itself but they do insist at store level that you top up by that amount before leaving.

i order mine online.

https://www.o2.co.uk/freesim/

The blank sims have always been free to pick up. Just ensure you ask for the correct size and account type {Contract or PAYG}

Message 12 of 13

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
but you will lose your rewards on the old number unless you keep it active in another phone
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 13 of 13