Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam ?

Michael1968
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I received a call today supposed to be from 02 offering a great deal switching from pay as you go to monthly....100gb data for £20 month. It sounded fishy....credit check went through really quickly and was asked for all my account details and a memorable info which I stupidly gave.
I’m not stif this was real or not and 02 fraud couldn’t really help. I’ve cancelled all my cards and charged passwords.
Any ideas ?
I phoned the number back and it didn’t seem like 02
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Michael1968 

That is a genuine tariff offered by O2 and the same one that I am on so that part was not a scam.

It would also be normal to ask your account security to ensure you were the account holder, however, with so many scams around these days, it's difficult to tell.

Check your emails and your MyO2 for any conformation or changes.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Michael1968 

What was the phone number?

Bit late now but we always tell people to avoid cold callers in relation to phone sales.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Michael1968 

That is a genuine tariff offered by O2 and the same one that I am on so that part was not a scam.

It would also be normal to ask your account security to ensure you were the account holder, however, with so many scams around these days, it's difficult to tell.

Check your emails and your MyO2 for any conformation or changes.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

It just seems weird that O2 can't run a full customer service due to Covid 19 and yet can cold call?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Who knows, but time will tell.
It's done now anyway.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5