cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with house signal coverage?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Basically, the signal (or coverage?) in my house is atrocious.

It's so bad that I can't connect to 3G, often, I don't receive texts, sometimes they turn up hours later, and duplicated, and when people can actually get through to my phone, without being sent to voicemail, the call is suddenly cut off. This is difficult, because people think I am hanging up on them, and I think that they are hanging up on me - luckily, this has only happened so far with friends and family - but it may be a more important call or text at some point.

Outside of the house, I'm fine, and according to O2, the network coverage in my postcode is "good".

This is not just me - the other three household members are also on O2, and are experiencing the same problems.
However, the problem is at its worst tonight - my friend has been attempting to call me for five hours!

The problem is briefly fixed by turning my phone off, and then back on - but this is temporary, and is clearly inadequate as a long term solution.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry you never mentioned that in the original message or I missed reading it. 

Have you checked the signal status for your postcode to see if a mast is having problems?

http://status.o2.co.uk/

If not on there then put a call into O2 on 202 (free from mobile) to let them know as they may not be aware of the issue.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well as you all have the same problem at home then it is to do with the structure of your house interfering with the signal.  There is nothing O2 can do about that but o2 are due to bring out an App called Tu Go. 

It is unsure when this will be available as the release date keeps changing but basically you will be able to get your calls/texts over your home wifi at no additional cost. 

I think this is the answer to your problems but you will have to be patient and watch this space.

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I see your point, however, it has only just started - and it's not a constant problem, as I do receive calls, but they suddenly cut off. Surely if it were to do with the house, then it would be a constant issue with signal?
I'm not sure. It's only started in the past couple of weeks, though, and nothing has changed in the months before to trigger this, which is what lead me to the conclusion of a network issue.

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry you never mentioned that in the original message or I missed reading it. 

Have you checked the signal status for your postcode to see if a mast is having problems?

http://status.o2.co.uk/

If not on there then put a call into O2 on 202 (free from mobile) to let them know as they may not be aware of the issue.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I never mentioned it in the original message, sorry! slight_smile

The app sounds good, though, and would definitely be useful in times like this.

Apparently, the signal is good both indoors, and outdoors, so I guess a call to O2 is in order.

Thank you. slight_smile
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think considering you have 4 phones in the house on o2 then a call will be the best bet. You can use twitter if you are a user ( I am not personally)

Message 6 of 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Have you tried turning 3g off to eliminate that as the issue?

A 3g Cell depending on number of users on the cell actually breathes the cell footprint gets smaller the more people using it and gets larger if the cell has a few users 2g is a fixed size and based purley on a maximun number of connections to the cell site.

Also depending on handset and what frequency of 3g you are connecting to the o2 2g 900 signal gets into buildings better than the 2100 3g signal (o2 now also have 3g900)

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 7