Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal for months, mast down??

RobK
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

We haven't had any o2 signal at home for months now, our broadband is rubbish so calls over WiFi are very hit and miss.
I have reported this many times and all I get told is "there's a mast down, we'll keep you informed", and I get the same email over and over again:

-----------------------

Sorry, a phone mast close to you isn't working.

To fix the mast, we need to get into the site. We’re talking to the landlord and will enter as soon as we can. In the meantime, you might have some trouble with your calls, texts and data. We are making progress, please bear with us. We’ll update you by Friday 27th August 2021.
-----------------------

and nothing happens, just more emails.... and deductions from my bank account for a service I can't use.

Sorry to say but I don't believe these emails and not sure why I'm being told something which is clearly not correct, in my experiences masts only take a few days to get fixed, not months and still counting.

The only place I can get  signal is in the middle of some fields when I'm walking the dog so I have to do all my calls and data syncing then... madness!
What is really going on?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9992 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@RobK 

Unfortunately Landlords have the final say when o2 can access the mast, as the property it sits on belongs to the landlord.   If its a quick reboot of kit then yes a couple of days, but if more serious that requires full access it can take weeks and longer. 

I know of 2 masts on other networks that are still out of action 6 months after they where first reported as down, with no estimated fix time... 

I know of 2 masts on other networks that have been down since March with no fix estimates even after 5 months...

Im not sure what o2 would get out of lying to you, and to be fair they have been very up front by saying its an access issue. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 5

RobK
  • 11 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

ok, fair enough... I wasn't aware it can take sooo long, maybe they need to re-evaluate mast placement if they can't gain access when they need to.

Is there a way to see where the faulty mast is physically located and I'll go and knock on the farmers door.. ?

Message 3 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9992 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@RobK 

Speak to your local council as they decide where o2 can put masts 🙂 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 5

REWill
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have Had the same issue for over 3 konyhs now and no mobile date. My contract is not fit for purpose. No service at all at PE7 and PE8 both very important and an essential expectation of any service to expect it operational at home and work. CONPLAINT it amd no resolution to date 4 times told a manger will call they did not. Also told there is no complaint logged and then told no written complaint logged how does 02 get to ignore multiple calls siting a complaint regarding this issue which had been escalated and passed to a manager  continue to say no complaint on file. I have been messaging consistently via social media inbox and the response is automated. I have requested a letter of Deadlock. And I will follow up with the Ombudsman and request subject access release. There is no complaints procedure being followed. And the customer service is chaotic and disjointed. To now be over 3 months continuing to pay for absolutely no mobile service is horrendous and 02 should not be allowed to continue on this footing with its customers. 02 also are not providing any information on when the issue will be fixed? What the issue is? And only repeatedly stating engineers are working on it??? This is not acceptable and no customer should be going through this process without refund and compensation. 

Message 5 of 5