cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to unblock adult sites during the lockdown period without a credit card?

rjdg2k
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been wanting to remove O2's adult website filters for a long time on my device, as they block a number of largely non-explicit sites I use such as Deviantart (about 5% of its content is maybe NSFW). It looks like the two ways of removing the filters are A: to enter your credit card details if you have a credit card or B: to prove you are over 18 by visiting a store. As I assume O2's stores are currently closed due to the coronavirus restrictions, is there any way that I can prove my age to remove the adult filters, as I don't have a credit card and my parents don't want to use theirs to do so.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@rjdg2k 

Guide: O2 Age restriction 

You could try and call O2 on any number in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Although you will probably have to wait until the shops are open later this month.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

rjdg2k
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Are the stores due to reopen on the 12th April in England, or are they going to reopen later than this?

Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@rjdg2k 

We've heard nothing official.

I would have thought April 12th. However, I'll check with one of our account advisors to see if they know the opening dates. @O2Georgina will be on tomorrow morning. So you need to pop back then.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

@Cleoriff  Thanks for the tag.

@rjdg2k  We are able to lift restrictions for numbers on a pay monthly contract but if it is a pay as you go number it would either need to be by credit card or in an o2 store, We are still waiting for an update of when stores will be allowed to open.

If you have a pay monthly contract number let me know and i will send you a private message slight_smile

signature
Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks @O2Georgina

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6