cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello there and how are you doing.?  I just got an o2 new sim card and i insercted it in to a new Tecno phone and when i try calling my new o2 number to check if it's working it doesn't ring on my Tecno phone and also when ringing it hangs up by itself so i would like to know how to get my new Sim Card working or how do i Activate it for friends and Families to be able to call me and me being able to recieve thier calls and how my phone should ring if a call comes on my sim card please help me know how to fix this and do i have to Top my sim up before it works or i can use the sim without toping it up as i won't be doing any calls but recieving calls on it.?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous  Please take a look at this link: http://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go You need to have credit on your sim and make at least one call or send one text every six months to keep your number active.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You can't receive calls until you top up - this activates the sim.
You must use a voucher from a shop or ATM for the first top up also.
Please also note the advice above regarding keeping the sim active.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3