cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusted at customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I cracked the screen on my sony z1 (entirely my fault) even though it dropped from about 15cm!!! The touch screen facility stopped working there for I had to pay to send the phone off to get a replacement screen! I got the phone back today to find that nt only have O2 engineers replaced my screen but they set my phone back to factory settings which means my phone was wiped clean of all my photos and videos etc! Gutted and fuming are just the start of how i am feeling! After going back to the shop and being told that "yes this is what they do" I am even more angry as I should have been told this before the phone got sent away, if I had been told this I would have backed my phone up before hand! But it doesn't stop there...I was told to get in touch with customer service which I did whilst still in the O2 shop...useless would be an understatement to how I felt they dealt with my situation! I am highly unhappy with the phone in the first place as i constantly have to update the software (every couple of days), I understand that software has to be updated but there is ALWAYS something needing updated on the sony z1, it's beyond ridiculous! So after explaining to customer service that my phone got sent away for repair of the cracked screen and came back wiped clean of all my data (without my knowledge of this going to happen) and explaining how unhappy I am with the phone the most they can offer me as an apology is £17! I have only had the handset a little over 2 months and it has caused me nothing but problems! And to be offered £17 was like a slap in the face! I feel like the very least O2 can do is refund the amount it cost me to replace the screen saying as they are at fault for not telling me my phone would be reset, and an upgraded phone because of all the hassle the z1 has caused me! Where do I stand now?? Anyone any suggestions!?
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I can understand being annoyed and upset at losing everything on the phone but nothing will bring them back I'm afraid. To be honest I'm not sure why you think you should get an upgrade phone for a screen repair caused by yourself. Phones should be backed up at regular intervals as a matter of course as anything can happen at any time.

You would normally be entitled to a replacement phone if it has to be sent for repair three times with the same fault. From what you say this has been the first repair and was for damage. If you feel strongly that you haven't been dealt with fairly or offered adequate compensation you might want to follow the complaints procedure here :

O2 | Complaint

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I can understand your anger they do tend to wipe phones but I agree you should have been told before hand you could make a complaint here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain they will look into it more deeply and may offer something satisfactory
Message 2 of 10

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I can understand being annoyed and upset at losing everything on the phone but nothing will bring them back I'm afraid. To be honest I'm not sure why you think you should get an upgrade phone for a screen repair caused by yourself. Phones should be backed up at regular intervals as a matter of course as anything can happen at any time.

You would normally be entitled to a replacement phone if it has to be sent for repair three times with the same fault. From what you say this has been the first repair and was for damage. If you feel strongly that you haven't been dealt with fairly or offered adequate compensation you might want to follow the complaints procedure here :

O2 | Complaint

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will be following the complaints procedure as I do feel it was dealt with unfairly! If I had been told in the first place that the phone would be wiped and set back to factory settings then I would not have had it sent away that day, I would have taken it home and backed it before sending it off for repair! But the O2 staff failed to mention this too me! As for a new phone that isn't because I cracked the screen on the one I have as it's now been fixed so that's not an issue, it's because I feel the sony z1 is a horrendous phone, there's always a problem or something needing updated! never had so many issues with a phone before! That's why I want a different handset, nothing to do with the repair of my current phone!!!
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the Community Forum.

Another avenue is now the phone is repaired you could sell it and buy one more suitable to your wants and needs.

For example a high street retailer called cex buy and sell phones.

It is highly unlikely O2 will change handset model unless the original was unrepairable and the model was no longer available.

We are all customers here like you so cannot say officially what stance O2 would take.

To note for future use ; Some phones like the iPhones can be set up to auto back up to iCloud negating the need to remember to back it up.

Or people can set up for certain data to be stored in a SD Card and not in the phones memory.

It's unfortunate you won't get the lost data back which as my iPhone was stolen a few years back I can see how you feel with the lost saved data. 😞

Good luck and perhaps let us know how you get on.

Take care.

slight_smile
Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can do the same an the Sony as bob mentions he does with his iPhone.
Log into Google+ and set auto backup. All photos and videos you take will then be stored on Google's cloud for you to access from anywhere.
I also think that it is regular app updates that you are getting (the apps you have downloaded) and not operating system updates, so this would be the same for any phone regardless of it been yours or a different one.
Hope this helps for the future for you slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am extremely frustrated with O2's Customer Service

The International Favourites login page doesn't work and apparently hasn't done for over 6 months now.

The live chat function shuts down for the night BEFORE 11pm when it says it will (I was trying at 10:40 and got a message saying "Come back between 7am and 11pm to speak to our agents").

The e-mail support link still works and lets you submit a support request here: 
https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help 
but after you have submitted your question you receive an e-mail saying they have shut down their e-mail support service.  That webpage should be shut down, as should the dead link in MyO2 pointing to: "O2 email

Free and secure, O2 email service helps you stay in touch with important ones."  Really?  O2 email?  This has been closed since last year!

Phone customer service closes ridiculously early.  It opens after I leave for work in the morning and closes usually before I get home > really helpful! 

I keep alternating between o2 and vodafone, who seem to have a competition between them for who can win the race to the bottom for $h|t customer service.

Guess what O2, you're winning that race, because I can chat to vodafone any time of the day - (true half the time the info they give is wrong, but hey that's at least a 50% chance of success, unlike O2's NO customer service policy) 

This is posted here as this forum is also taking part in that competition.  I can't even post a new thread as I don't have the privilege for that either, despite the following suggestion: "The easiest way to get help is to search for an answer or just start a new thread."

The start a new thread link gives me "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Toby some bugs here to be sorted?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello @Anonymous

Well your experience thus far has been less than good. 😞

I'm sure Toby who is the Community Co-Ordinator will take this onboard and channel the issues back.

Message 9 of 10

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi no_name,

Are you still having issues starting a new thread today? If so, post here or send me a private message and we'll get to the bottom of it slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 10 of 10