cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a deregistered number be reacquired?

kodabar
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My wife had an O2 number (begins 07732). I realise that with number portability these days, that doesn't really mean anything any more. She was on pay-as-you-go but didn't use the phone much. Indeed, she used it so little that the number was deregistered. O2 have no record of the number any more.

Is it possible to get the number back? And on O2?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23901 Posts
  • 1042 Topics
  • 3769 Solutions

@kodabar It would depend on how long ago the number was used. If O2 have no record of it, it may have been reassigned.

How to find help & contact O2: A Guide - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7764 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1641 Solutions

Depends. You can ask O2 but there are no guarantees. A lot depends how long it has been inactive

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 6

kodabar
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Gosh, thank you for the swift replies. I very much appreciate it. It would seem that this would fall under the 'difficult queries' section of the guide Enlli linked. So hopefully if I tag @Martin-O2 that might bring the attention of the Community Team.

Message 4 of 6

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38186 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Except it is no longer Martin-O2 but Dave, who is on leave currently, @kodabar - @Kei-M_O2 is covering for him, on a part-time basis.

You would be better asking the Social Media Team to help, via Twitter/X, Instagram or Facebook at the ways in the link below. Good luck!

Message 5 of 6

kodabar
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you very much @pgn . I have contacted the social media team on Twitter and they are looking into what's possible. 

Message 6 of 6