Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONTACTING 02

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I want to contact 02 by email.

What is their direct email address please ?

I am disabled and can't hold on to a phone for very long, or take notes whilst doing so.

I als prefer things in black & white for future reference.

thanks

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I do hope that o2 realise that some do need to email customer services and I hope that @Toby will feed this back. (this could be seen to be discriminating against people with disabilities) even the access for all pages nolonger link to the web form http://www.o2.co.uk/access-for-all/services-and-support

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help

Here is the link.

Take care.
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.

I've been there a dozen times - it dosn't give an email address - which is my quest.

Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you.

I've been there a dozen times - it dosn't give an email address - which is my quest.

You're very welcome and also welcome to the community forum.

Using the link will instigate communication between you and o2 but be aware they will most probably will not go into anything account based via e mail ,and may want to contact you for security reasons.

Have a good day.

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and good morning.

FYI o2 made a policy decision last year I think it was to no longer accept email for account enquiries for a number of reasons, the main one being data security.

It is necessary to complete the online form as this includes information so that o2 can ascertain you are the account holder.

This approach is to protect us, the customers, and really should be welcomed. At my work we receive numerous enquiries via email and unless the email address has been verified we limit the detail in responses.

Hope the explanation helps to understand the reasoning.
Message 5 of 11

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I do hope that o2 realise that some do need to email customer services and I hope that @Toby will feed this back. (this could be seen to be discriminating against people with disabilities) even the access for all pages nolonger link to the web form http://www.o2.co.uk/access-for-all/services-and-support

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
The solution would be verified email addresses but I note more and more companies are moving away from email correspondence for account enquiries.

There is also the issue of Spam Texts.

Personally I don't buy the discrimination question mark as long as an online option is available. If however (easy to complete) online forms were not available then I totally buy it and should be challenged.

O2 claim to lead the way on customer services and I have asked in a comment on another thread as to whether there is a Customer Panel to bounce these things through.

If there is, great. But there must be representatives from all walks including those affected by various disabilities.

If there isn't then @Toby this is my idea for today. The creation of a meaningful Customer Panel.
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks folks,

I agree that more & more companies have gone down this route.

If I can't ask a specific question, then the service - whatever it is - is no good to me.

In all the years that I've been using computers, not once has a F&Q section helped me. It seems pretty universal, in that only one person I have talked to about this, has had a result from F&Q.

I accept - reluctantly - that 'they' are protecting our data (I really don't) but i'm sure a message stating that no personal data be sent, would suffice on an email page.

In my case, it is a general question that I want to pose,,,,,, and with respect to forumites, I need the words from them, for future reference. It can make the difference between my staying with 02,,,, and moving on.

Again, like many other companies, they don't seem to care if they lose custom or not.  Years ago, companies would bend over backwards to keep a loyal customer base.

Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi again.

Well I'm sure if they can reply with the info you seek in written form I'm sure they will.

Unfortunately loyalty is not rewarded as much these days. O2 now run a fair deal policy so it's the same deals for existing and new customers.

Take care.
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Furkin1

Another well structured and meaningful post. Thank you.

I agree with you that companies can hide behind data protection when no personal data appears to be involved. However it should be noted that o2 employ many thousands of staff and whilst most are superb mistakes can happen. If data is not protected then fines from the ICO can be high, someone's hundreds of thousands of pounds or more. So companies limit their risk.

As for FAQ's. For the majority I agree too. I have yet to have a query answered by FAQ that I couldn't have worked out for myself. That said they may be useful for some, perhaps people new to mobiles for example? That said I believe most people just want to ask someone!!!!

Technology is great but it has come at a price. Poorer customer service. In most industries ì am sorry to say.
Message 10 of 11