cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Age verification o2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Download opera app - search all you want , that way you are not apart of this ponsy scheme - O2 really - if this was all about the kids you would charge us 2 pence not 1 pound - corporate money making tactics !!!!
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've done the age verification and got a text back saying that its been lifted however when i try to access any site it keeps coming up with the age verifcation page and even though it says its lifted , its still blocks it , anyone else having this issue

Message 11 of 18

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
@Toby can you help this member? It seems they've been going hand over fist at trying to get the naughty filter lifted and so far haven't got satisfied.
Message 12 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

As well as having it lifted you may have to review the browser settings. 

Message 13 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm using Safari , so what settings need to be changed , its still the 02 message that comes up when I try to access.

Message 14 of 18

MI5
  • 144904 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
How long since you received the confirmation and have you rebooted the phone since?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

iv just joined o2 and i completely agree with you. its pointless them saying "we refund it" techniaclly they dont, if you read the article carefully it states its either transferred back to your card OR - put on your account as credit, so its basically a free £1 they falsly tricked you into paying for nothing. and id bet 9 times out of 10 they say its went onto your o2 account balace rather than being put back where they stole it from.

the simple fact is especially for may monthly customers, you need to be 18 to get a contract, if you have a contract (which they do all the checks on before they accept you) then they know your age. so its utter bull. they do not "need" a credit card to perform an age check. as it should have been done during the sign up of the contract. after all you are asked your D.O.B during the process.

pay as you go, yes i can see the point to the block. as many young people are on payg plans. as for the £1 "fee" i agree again. they do not need to charge anything at all to clarify a card (credit or debit) is active. if indeed they do want to charge (we all know they do and will anyway) they can simply charge 1p or do a call back on the card, basically perform a dummy transaction so the bank pings back the card is "alive"

however you look at it this is another free money making scheme for o2. iv just came online to access my google account and im being asked to verify my age just for that! and im a pay monthly customer too.

bottom line if the checks where done properly during sign up then the age verification would be lifted before you even put the sim in the phone. which says to me this scheme is deliberate.

Message 16 of 18

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

To a large extent I do agree with you. However, thousands of parents take out a contract for their children rather than using P&G. It's these children that this is designed to protect. There is certainly no need to take a £1.00 fee though. 

Message 17 of 18

MI5
  • 144904 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
How is it money making if you still get the quid back?
O2 don't keep it at all!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 18