cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Age restrictions

Anonymous
Not applicable
If I walk into an o2 high street store can I have the age restriction lifted without a credit card ? I'm 19 nearly 20 and the age restriction is just stupid I've recently just got a pay monthly sim and I have to be 18 or older to receive it etc and yet there's still an age restriction please help
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Just take your passport and maybe a driving licence with you as proof of age and they will be able to get it removed for you. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

jonsie
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Just take your passport and maybe a driving licence with you as proof of age and they will be able to get it removed for you. 

Message 2 of 13

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Yes you can.
Take some I'd to prove your age.
http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

It maybe stupid in your eyes but you can see why o2 impose this rule on internet access especially with younger users

Message 4 of 13

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Parents buy contracts for their children too.
Just because the contract owner is over 18 doesn't necessarily mean that is the main user.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed @MI5 but you can see my concern when age verification comes into play

Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Indeed yes.
It's a necessary inconvenience.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 13

jonsie
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

The good thing about it is that all networks have to adhere to the rules concerning age restriction but maybe this should be pointed out when signing up for a contract and at that point being given the option to opt out. Obviously responsible parents would be able to protect their children the same.

To my mind it would save a lot of frustration and anger for customers. After all, when you change tariff the adviser has to read out lots of terms and conditions so it could easily be part of those legalities. Similarly, if taking out a contract online, it would be easy enough to have a tick box to opt in or out which must be completed before proceeding further. 

Or it could just be the morphine kicking in causing a tendency to waffle on! 😳😉

Message 8 of 13

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
Somebody mention waffles ?
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 9 of 13

jonsie
  • 93250 Posts