cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows 10 mobile

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a Lumia 640, Microsoft upgrade advisor app says I'm eligable for windows 10 update but will not allow me to do it until. It says it will notify me when its available on my network carrier. As an o2 customer when will I be able to upgrade?
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

I'm sure it's already been said but only @Chris_K can answer that.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 37

Badgers
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, but who is @Chris_K? He was mentioned several days ago as someone who would tell us and.........nothing.

Surely there is more than one person in O2 who know the status of W10M?

This seems very like the MS experience - no information for months. 

I do like the Windows O/S but the lack of information, initially from MS and now O2, means that Android is becoming an increasingly attractive proposition.

Why don't suppliers appreciate that no news is SO much worse that bad news with an explanation?

Message 22 of 37

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Via the community, only @Chris_K can give us any information direct from O2. Essentially this is a customer forumwith admin staff and the occasional contribution from a staff member. Customer service will not have a clue when updates are released so it's a matter of waiting until Chris gets back to us which he surely will now he has been mentioned.

Message 23 of 37

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Really sorry but there's no new info we can give - we're sorry if it seems like it's us not giving you any new info but we can't give what we don't have. Windows 10 is a big deal for MS so understandably they'll want to make sure it's a smooth and efficient roll-out for its users - when we have more info we'll let everyone know, but right now it's just a waiting game we're afraid.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 24 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been tapping 'check for updates' in settings most often. I did this again last night and was told I was up to date. From time to time I have also ran upgrade advisor, which I did last night on my 640 and it said something new 'good news, the update is available, tick the box below to allow your phone to download it' after that I checked for updates again and it is downloading.
Message 25 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
"this could take 5 to 10 minutes, or longer". He he, I never believed that, it was definitely, "or longer", maybe 1-2 hours, but all done, and and so far, so good slight_smile
Message 26 of 37

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Some were taking 12 hours or longer, so you did well wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 27 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Windows 10 mobile update has only just rolled out to the 640 and 735 cv in the last week, there rolling out in batches, the 930 was the first but don`t expect bells and whistle`s from windows 10, in fact on the 930 hey cortana no longer works it`s been dumb down to a basic search function there`s no sound alert`s on text on mail that you can set, some of the things i liked in denim are gone for the moment.

you will get windows 10 but like i seid don`t expect to much be patient some user`s would like to go back to denim.

Message 28 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

WispaRed7 calling all who now have Windows10 on their mobiles ... I have Lumia 640 LTE ... what have you found that is positive ... & ... what have you found which is negative ... I'm not picking your brains ... I wanna have Windows10 on my mobile phone ... I'm wondering if I'll need more dada on my mobile phone before I download slight_smile

Message 30 of 37