cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Priority on Windows 10 Mobile

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone has had success on installing the o2 Priority app on Windows 10 Mobile yet?

I can find it in the store but it doesn’t install properly on my Lumia 1020.

I wonder if it has been registered properly with the Windows 10 store yet? I’m not sure if anyone from o2 / a Mod can answer that?

I know the OS is pre release software, but this is the only app I’m having trouble with!

Thanks

Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to round off these recent comments, about 10 days after my original post, so first week of August, o2 released an update for o2 priority which fixed (for me) the lack of registration on Windows Phone 10 Preview.

It worked as advertised from then on on the Win Phone 10 preview.

I (for other reasons) rolled back to Windows 8.1 on my phone in Sweptember, so haven't tried since.

I'm going to the Lumia 950/XL Launch event in London tonight, so I'll let you know how it works tomorrow!

Message 11 of 48

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Please do @Anonymous and if you have any issues, I can feed them back to the rest of the team. The event sounds great too, so we'd love to hear your thoughts on that!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 12 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
The launch was great. Picked up a Lumia 950 XL and Continuum dock.

New phone, o2 Priority app wouldn't send the confirmation code. Visual voicemail worked fine though.

Had to put the SIM in my old 8.1 phone, reinstall the o2 priority app and re-request code (which arrived straight away) wrote it down, purely the sim back in the new phone. Entered the code, and it worked fine!

Not the best that you need to use work around, but at least it worked!!
Message 13 of 48

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
I expect o2 need to update all their apps for 10 now though......?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
The launch was great. Picked up a Lumia 950 XL and Continuum dock.

New phone, o2 Priority app wouldn't send the confirmation code. Visual voicemail worked fine though.

Had to put the SIM in my old 8.1 phone, reinstall the o2 priority app and re-request code (which arrived straight away) wrote it down, purely the sim back in the new phone. Entered the code, and it worked fine!

Not the best that you need to use work around, but at least it worked!!

I have has the exact same situation with my Lumia 920 with Windows Mobile 10 installed the confirmation code just wouldnt come through i have just left it for now. 

Am i correct in saying that it does not come through as a text message, but as a service message or something similar. 

Message 15 of 48

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
It's usually a normal sms text.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you sure becuase i remember doing it in the past instead of having the normal SMS toast notification. it had a toast notification and all it said was "New Notification" and tapping the notification then took you too the messages app.

Message 17 of 48

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

Fairly sure. All I've had have come through as an sms in the past.

2015-12-04 23.49.35.png

Currently using:
Message 18 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish i could show you what i mean, but unfortunately I’ve upgraded to Windows 10 Mobile. And what i would like to show you requires 8.1.

Message 19 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chaliekrad,

I know exactly what you mean. In the notification area (blue bar up the top) it doesn't show the usual phone number/company name/contacts name, plus the message, it just says 'New Notification' or similar.

It definitely looks just like a standard SMS when you go into it however. Maybe it is some quirky type of MMS?

My guess is that the Windows 10 version of the o2 Priority app doesn't currently send the appropriate message to o2 in order to get this message sent OR Windows 10 doesn't support receipt or blocks this kind of quirky sms/mms message?!

Message 20 of 48